Recent content by Steph

  1. Steph

    TKR A Fond Farewell

    Aww just shows how tired you are @Lilli215, if you can sleep through a vacuum. I may need to borrow her, there’s a lot that seems to bypass my hubby where housework is concerned, bless him :heehee:
  2. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    Hi @Josephine, thanks for your reply - tried to do the image bit but it didn’t seem to work on my iPad- good old Apple. The seeping bit is a very small section where you can see the yellow marks on the skin. It just dribbles slightly from the incision in that area. My nurse put a dresssing on...
  3. Steph

    TKR A Fond Farewell

    Sleep is a funny old thing, boy do we need it to heal (as my mum always said when I was a kid), but it’s quite elusive isn’t it? I actually had a better night last night than I’ve had since the op. I increased my gabapentin to two pills (prescribed by pain management for my back initially) and...
  4. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    Thank you @sistersinhim. I have been to the see the nurse now, she says she feels the small amount of seeping is just normal exududiant (think that’s what she said) as it is clear yellow. However she decided to take a swab and get it tested and obviously if it goes red etc then I go back in to...
  5. Steph

    TKR Lindylee's RTKR 20 January 2020

    Ooh @Lindylee, maybe not the back exercises yet then. I normally do a few each day too, I have sacroiliac issues but haven’t felt I can do them right now. I might try the cling film trick, sounds like it helps. Night time is the worst time isn’t it?
  6. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    This shows where it's seeping from. The area to the right is firm, swollen and numb. Just ringing surgery to ask for some more dressings as they only gave me two.
  7. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    Thank you @Jockette, that puts it into perspective. I just wish I could sleep longer than an hour at a time at night. How come in the daytime my bladder will happily go 3/4 hrs with no issue yet at night time it’s hourly - so frustrating. @gia2cats, so glad it’s a normal thing - all kinds of...
  8. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    So took the dressing off for a while, then spotted a slight seep just under my knee so popped a new dressing back on. Other than that the incision feels a bit sore and I have awful numbness at the front/ outside of knee. Lots of fluid there as it’s quite firm to touch - if this would just...
  9. Steph

    TKR Gia’s New Knee

    @gia2cats, I think it’s amazing what you get used to though. Oddly enough first week post op it felt as though my operated leg was about an inch longer than my good one, I suddenly realised I was still expecting I had to lean into it to walk. Now I’ve used to it, the length seems the same as...
  10. Steph

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    12 days post op - nicely bruised, staples out
  11. Steph

    TKR Gia’s New Knee

    Hi @gia2cats, sounds like you’re really doing well there. It’s great to hear that things have gone well with you. I just read the part about your valgus knee, it sounds like yours was quite prounounced as mine was. They said I had a 20% valgus. I didn’t realise how bad I was walking till a...
  12. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    I was pretty nervous about it @Lilli215, my hip was no problem when they took them out but as the knee feels really sore still I thought it would be painful. It wasn’t, just had the odd one or two that stung a bit, but it feels much better without them. Sounds like your District Nurse is a...
  13. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    Certainly not pulling like it did, or stinging. Had a quick look behind the dressing strip and it looks dry. I’ll keep it on till later today. Just makes me feel as though I’m getting somewhere now.
  14. Steph

    TKR Steph’s on the other side

    Staples were taken out today - it stung a bit but it’s a nice clean incision. Got a soft dressing on at the mo as it bled slightly. Feels sooooo much nicer than all those little bits of metal.
  15. Steph

    TKR Lindylee's RTKR 20 January 2020

    Haha snap! I loathe jogging bottoms but so thankful for them at the mo. I’m unable to shower at the mo as my shower is over my bath and there ain’t no way that leg is going to take the risk, so it’s a good wash down and brush the hair which makes no difference at all to the bed hair haha. I slap...
Back
Top Bottom