@Grammy57 when you say she was pleased with glutes and back who are you referring to? PT or Doc who did the release? Were you having a lot of back pain? My pain is solely at top of my thigh where everything meets and attaches, the groin and outer thigh but extends down knee. Are there two...
@Grammy57 i too have had some similar issues. I had my THR in 2019 and have had pain pretty much ever since. I too have seen a spine doctor bc my Hip surgeon thought it could be coming from my back. Some of the nerve issues I was having was coming from compression of L4/L5 but that did not...
@jean1702 I wanted to check in to see how you were doing and if you had gotten any definite answers? I was reading an Article that I felt like might be something that is being overlooked. Try looking up Trochanteric Impingement. Tell me what you think? I too have the glute issues, the lateral...
I was reading an Article that I felt like might be something that is being overlooked. I have the glute issues, the lateral thigh issues and wide spread pain that is hard to explain to doctors bc it is in different places at different times. The groin pain is more often than not and feels very...
@hopnfox I did want to say this 3 surgeries in that amount of time, I could not imagine. I had 2019 hip and a 2020 laminectomy decompression in 20 so less than a year apart. Back surgery was way easier than hip for sure! I do hope u find some relief and if PT doesn’t work I would want to have...
Sorry guys I just started again on bonesmart and do not get the alerts thAt I have messages so I get busy and forget. Thank u both for your post, it seems both of you have felt much of what I have. I think sometimes the unknown is worse than the pain. I have to say sometimes I am way to active...
You are absolutely right, it seems they are all related. I am just not sure if I have some type of impingement because it feels like a pitching at the top of my hip. My outside thigh is also very sore. I feel like I am always dragging my leg when I walk too. My knee cap looks like it has moved...
My hip surgeon gave me the first injection after my surgery which was on the ilio psosa which really did not give me much relief. BC my pain seemed to be more in glute area and down my leg and knee he thought maybe I had radiculapathy. So that began another round of tests and injections. I had...
@jean1702 @Hip4life After my surgery I had PT and it was intense from the start. During my PT I could tell that my muscles began getting tight. My groin pain was some better after my surgery but the PT made my muscles in my thigh and leg very tight. I tried dry needling while in PT and it helped...
I too have the same issues after having my RTHR in Jan 2019. I have had many different injections for diagnostic purposes which eventually from what I have read causes fatty atrophy. I recently had an MRI that is a special MRI because of the hip replacement. It is different from a regular MRI...
I agree I feel like I’m doing all of the work just like I did to find out what was wrong in the first place. This has been a long and frustrating process. I have had 2 injections with no relief. So just not sure what else to do. I figured I would seek out a revision specialist and actually...
Could you tell me what test that could be done in order to show that a revision would need to be done? Like what would show that would warrant that? Would it mean the replacement was too big or too small? I am trying to determine how to get to a revision specialist?
Wondering if people on this forum can comment on how their recovery is @ 8-9 months. I still have a lot of the same pain that I had before my surgery that I can not tell if something is wrong or if it is still considered healing pain. Most of the pain is near the incision site and I have a sore...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.