Recent content by Starmarie

  1. Starmarie

    Hip injection or surgery

    Agreed, the limping around, even for a short time of 2 months has left me with back issues and foot arch tendinitis from compensating. This is persisting 14 weeks after THR. How do you get rid of tendin itis in your foot if you use it every day? Very challenging.
  2. Starmarie

    Hip injection or surgery

    I hear a lot of similarities in your experience with my last 4 years of hip stuff, but dx with labral tear, then dx with moderate OA. I had 3 right hip contisone shots, Nov 2018, July 2019 and April 2021. Also had a cortisone injection in right SI joint in Dec 2020. I do believe these shots...
  3. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    @Spex10 I am glad you mention being tired, not because you are tired, but because it makes what I’m feeling a little bit more normal. I am so exhausted some days that I literally just start crying. I can sleep all night and be so tired, even coffee isn’t helping. I work 4 days a week and I...
  4. Starmarie

    THR Question - One year after thr

    Thanks for posting your timeline and realistic recovery. It’s very helpful to have realistic expectations of what is ahead.
  5. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    Thanks @Jaycey. This energy drain thing is no fun. I’m really struggling. It’s even affecting my mood. But t least I know the cause.
  6. Starmarie

    THR 4 weeks in the books

    I was back and forth on and off the cane at 3, 4 and 5 weeks Post-op. It was a process for several weeks.
  7. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    Update: 13 weeks post op and I feel a lot of improvement in my hip. I had anterior THR , still have the numbness/nerve pain on outer thigh/hip next to the incision and if I do put more weight on my surgical side, I do get quad pain. But it feels a lot better, less pain and discomfort when...
  8. Starmarie

    THR 3 weeks post op and I have regrets

    I am curious where your fear is coming from? Our thoughts are just thoughts, not reality. You read of others having complications. But honestly complications are the exception and majority of surgeries are non- eventful. I’m 13 weeks post-of THR. I was a little concerned of dislocation but...
  9. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    Thank you Layla. I wished I could stay off work longer, but actually I was soooooo bored. I’m just taking it easy most days and not overdoing it.
  10. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    Thank you for your reply. It is so great to hear this. I hope, in time, to try some hiking, baby steps.
  11. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    Update…now @ 11 weeks post THR, went back to work 3 weeks ago. I still have stiffness in the hip after I’ve been sitting for awhile. I am able to do more yoga poses and it really helps the hip flexors and low back on surgery side to stretch out. I still have a lot of weakness in the surgery...
  12. Starmarie

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Sounds like a 3rd opinion is needed.
  13. Starmarie

    THR THR on right hip done

    Good to hear! I am about the same as you. Except for the weight loss. I need to do that too. I’m walking, still slow, and also have a limp if I try to go too fast and have to concentrate on walking correctly so that I don’t limp. I walked 9600 steps yesterday, the most i’ve walked in over a...
  14. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    The problem is I live in hill country TX and everywhere is somewhat of an incline, even my neighborhood. I have to go walk at a mall for flat terrain.
  15. Starmarie

    THR THR progress update 24 days post-surgery

    Well I think the pain I was experiencing was related to walking up a hill because now the pain has subsided to discomfort. I guess my lesson learned here is that I probably wasn’t ready to walk up the hill. My hip was sore for four days after the hill and it was not even a steep incline.
Back
Top Bottom