Recent content by starferry

  1. S

    THR I wanna sleep!<

    Hi Donnarita, like you I had a RTHR posterior cut, but on 2 June so I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you. I can really empathasise with what you are going through as I've always been a side sleeper too. My surgeon told me exactly what Jamie has just said, which is that the chances of dislocating your...
  2. S

    THR Status on June 8 Right Total Hip Replacement

    hi ...I had a R THR just a week before you and can empathise with how you are feeling. I think one of the challenges for me has been that I like planning and control and yet this is a time when you need to let go a bit and just listen to your body and let it heal itself. That happens at a...
  3. S

    THR The other side

    Hi Kate, thanks for chatting on my own post op thread ( R THR 1st June :) . iIve now just worked out how to access your thread too ?(!) so will look out for updates on here. All the best for your recovery.
  4. S

    THR Ok so far post op !

    Hi Kate, it does sound like they may be pushing you to do a bit too much too soon, which might be why you've not been feeling great. And feeling poorly in the night always seems worse. I was fortunate that my therapists took a less forceful approach and being home helps a lot as you can rest up...
  5. S

    THR Ok so far post op !

    Kimmer, glad you are now post op :) Sorry to hear about the pain and the temperature spike. I hope that it clears up quickly. Best wishes for your recovery.
  6. S

    THR Ok so far post op !

    @Jaycey Thanks for your reply. I certainly agree with you about everyone being different and having a different recovery pattern . Just to clarify, my consultant wasn't setting a goal...in fact he was trying to limit my expectations! He specialises in relatively younger and sports minded...
  7. S

    THR Ok so far post op !

    @Kimmer I do hope your surgery went well . It sounds like you are a very experienced patient! An update on me : I was discharged home on Monday lunchtime ( 3.5 days post op) . Today is day 6 with my new hip. It feels good not to be in hospital any longer! I've been moving about the house fine...
  8. S

    THR Ok so far post op !

    @dougie0216 thanks to all respondents for your good wishes . Have been getting up to 6 hours sleep each night which is reallly good but only in 30 to 45 minute bursts . Sleeping on my back is the problem not pain from the hip ! Just seen my consultant who is a Prof and he said that the evidence...
  9. S

    THR Ok so far post op !

    Hi fellow hippies ! I had my anterior R THR on Friday 2 June . I'd intended having a spinal block but as I have a stenosis was advised a GA would be better and that was great , no nasty after effects . I had 24 hours on patient controlled morphine but now am just on light pain killers and...
  10. S

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi Kimmer, thanks for responding. Good luck with your op on 6th June...I'll try to blaze a trail for us! And try not to worry about your recovery ( easy to say, I know) ...there seems to be lots of good advice on this site which should help you post op. I hope it all goes well for you.
  11. S

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi ...Im having a R THR on 2/6. Not long to go ! Had my pre op and joint clinic ( how to cope afterwards ) and now just keen to have it done. I'm a fit (ish) 57 year old and looking forward to getting back to hiking, skiing etc with my new hip. ( though not straight away , obviously.)
Back
Top Bottom