Recent content by StaceyJG1

  1. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    Thank you, @Jaycey ! I guess it's time to stop hoping it will just go away. :(
  2. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    So today, I don't have pain, but my left leg feels very weak and I feel like it's cocking strange to the side, but my husband watched my gait and said he doesn't notice any difference. I'm THRILLED that the pain is gone, but what's up with this numbness??? I'm going to try to get into my spine...
  3. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    At first, I felt that pain going down the outside, like a muscle cramping. But when it got really bad, it felt more like it was going down the middle of my leg, from my hip joint down. It felt like a horrible charlie horse that just wouldn't stop. I also noticed today that I do feel some...
  4. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    Let me try this again! My pain starts at SL1B-TL1B and radiates down to YL1B-ZL1B. It feels like a pinched nerve and when I step on it it's awful! I've been using a heating pad and taking a muscle relaxer and Ibuprofen. I did speak to the nurse from my spinal doctor's office and she said...
  5. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    Hi @Josephine , did I make this understandable? It's just such an odd problem. Thank you!
  6. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    I would have to say that it starts at about L1B and S, and goes down the left side of my thigh to about b or c. When I stand on the left leg, it feels like a sharp shooting pain goes down my hip joint, deep inside, and the numbness comes to my foot. The deep tissue massage was from my bursa in...
  7. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    Thank you, @Layla , I didn't mean to sound like I would take advice here over my doctor, I just wondered if I was doing the right things and if a trip to my doctor is warranted. I think I will call tomorrow and talk to a nurse or something. I think I did remember that Josephine was in the UK...
  8. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    I know that I need to tag @Josephine to get the proper response, and I'm very hopeful for some type of resolution. I had my bilateral hip replacements in May of 2016. Recovery has been long, but not as bad as I expected. I did develop a bursa in my right hip a little after sugery, but that...
  9. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Bilateral THR 5/18/16

    If she hasn't already, @Josephine can give you all the information you should need!
  10. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Bilateral THR 5/18/16

    It can be very frustrating! I then developed Greater Trochanteric Bursitis on my right hip. Left hip I have no issues. The Bursa is now improving significantly, but I was ready to give up! Now I have to get the strength back in my legs. I get exhausted easily!! Don't give up, keep doing...
  11. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    I placed a call to my surgeon's office and I was told that I could not have another injection for three months following the first one, which I already knew, and that he recommended that I try deep tissue massage. I had been using a rolling pin, and he suggested using a ball instead. It did...
  12. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    @Josephine , I just found out that I actually have Greater trochanteric bursitis of right hip. I did receive an injection on 12/08, but it has completely worn off now. I have tried icing and stretching, and I stopped bowling completely for three weeks. Nothing has helped! Any more...
  13. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    You're got a good point. I shortened my approach to 3 steps so that I only step on the right leg 1 time each time. Holding the 15 pound ball does make it hurt more! I think I will take the next few weeks off and get subs.
  14. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    It amazes me how I have to pay to go and see my surgeon's PA, which I don't have a problem with, but I received way more information here than I did from him! All he said was that I might have to have more injections in 3 months and to roll a ball on the area 3x/day to break it up.
  15. StaceyJG1

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    I got the answer in that article. I was wondering how a shot to the outside would help the inside, but now I understand. I could only explain it in the sense of having a bad tooth and when you bite down it hurts in the nerve area. The stretches definitely address the issues I'm having. I...
Back
Top Bottom