Recent content by Squashmad

  1. S

    Revised PKR to TKR Almost 3 months after partial knee replacement

    I'm a little uncomfortable with the " don't bother with a PKR" opinion which is frequently repeated on this site. PKR's certainly come in and out of favour but technology moves on, did you have a smart phone 10 yr ago!!!! My OS does very few PKR's for the good reason that not everyone is...
  2. S

    Op No 3 coming up

    I understand that revision to a pkr means conversion to tkr, my point was that revision to a tkr is far more complicated/difficult. Rattles where did you get the "be lucky to get 10 yr " from, was it your OS? Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
  3. S

    Op No 3 coming up

    Being 8 weeks post PKR all this sounds very depressing!!!! I have posed the question before of why PKR'S have to be revised as the reasons are not generally posted. I seems to me that PKR'S come in and out of fashion/favour. I know that over the past 10-15 years they have changed in their...
  4. S

    Too young to have a partial knee replacement

    By the way my pkr is an Oxford. Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
  5. S

    Too young to have a partial knee replacement

    Before my question a quick update. Now over 5 weeks post pkr, off pain killers and doing well till I thought I'd give the exercise bike a whirl. Mistake, only did about 20min with little resistance but next day up came the swelling. Anyhow to my question, I've read so many times "had pkr...
  6. S

    Too young to have a partial knee replacement

    I'm not far down the road of PKR right leg medial compartment, 4 weeks to be precise. Age 56 and until April was playing squash 3 times per week at a good standard. Went to see OS and his opinion was I have a meniscus tear and would need a scope and tidy up. On recovering from the op in came the...
  7. S

    TKR Squashmad's Recovery Thread

    Thank you all for taking the time to give your valuable advice, much appreciated. I feel much more comfortable about resting and not trying to force things along. Onwards and upwards ☺ Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
  8. S

    TKR the road is long with many a winding turns

    @moretennis @rob68 going to be interested to follow you guys progress. My partner thinks I'm nothing short of insane even considering playing squash again but I was reading what appears to be the only study comparing active and inactive patients there is no real evidence that activity leads to...
  9. S

    TKR the road is long with many a winding turns

    Really amazed at you speed of recovery and encouraged by your progress. I'm 9 days post pkr and have 0/100 flex, no real pain to speak of during the day but last 2 nights have been pretty unpleasant. As a fellow racket player (squash) I'm interested in the guidance you got from your OS. I...
  10. S

    TKR Squashmad's Recovery Thread

    Hi Pumpkin, Thanks for the advice. Recommendations from the PT I saw in the hospital was to bend as much as possible as soon as possible but couldn't bring myself to push past very uncomfortable into real pain. Guess we all hope we will be the exception and be back playing the sports we did at...
  11. S

    TKR Squashmad's Recovery Thread

    Pkr on 16th Oct. Was sleeping okay until 2 nights ago then real bad pain about 2 am both nights. Had to use codine again Maybe pushing it a bit as walked about 1 mile yesterday and day before. On reading the site looks like the classic to much to soon! Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom