Recent content by springs12

  1. S

    THR Double Hipster Club

    Hello, Bonesmart! It's been awhile! I woke up this morning thinking about how I can sleep through the night so much better than before so I thought I would pop on here for an update and to send encouragement out there. I had hip dysplasia and was increasingly becoming worse. Right hip...
  2. S

    THR Proud member of Double hippie club

    @GrumpyMCO Welcome to the club! I did my right in June and my left in November. Right still has some tenderness, but is doing alright. The left hurts, but is tolerable and doesn't hurt anything like the right did. Crazy how that works. I don't know if you have muscle relaxants, or if you've...
  3. S

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    @JamesUK You are speaking my language. Thanks for your empathy, but honestly, my recoveries have been very smooth...they are just going to take time because of the multitude of problems I have. Slow and steady is what will win in my case, and I knew that going in. Unfortunately, we live in a...
  4. S

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    You seem to have a great attitude given the trials you have faced. I agree with @Jaycey. I'm impressed you've been able to do so much exercise wise. I haven't been able to exercise in years due to all my muscle compensations so I'm glad you chose to do the surgery sooner than later bc it...
  5. S

    THR Double Hipster Club

    I will encourage her to get on here again. Her progress is much slower than what she was told it would be. Fortunately with all I have had going on with myself and learning way more about muscles than I ever thought I would, in addition to my limited nursing knowledge (due to just starting...
  6. S

    THR Double Hipster Club

    Yes! And, I went into this knowing I plan to do PT up to my neck and shoulders once my hips and all that twisting is better. Before my right hip was done, my leg was always shorter when twisting forward (it should get longer but I had other muscles pulling it up). After my hip replacement, it...
  7. S

    THR Double Hipster Club

    Today was my 2 week check up, and it was supposed to be in person but the PA wasn't feeling the best so we did Telehealth. I was okay with it because I just went through this in June so I felt comfortable with it. Switched to cane indoors. Walker outside for another week. Can drop the cane...
  8. S

    THR Double Hipster Club

    @cold_brew I can say that I could have done it from day one with this left hip. My right hip is still healing, but strong enough to get me up, but it's pretty exhausting. :-).
  9. S

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    @JamesUK Well, I am glad you are doing much better, and I'm so sorry you had a rough start with pain. If they ever (hopefully not) have to do the other hip, you now have more information to help them manage things. I don't know if anesthesia is different there than here, but part of...
  10. S

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    I'm sorry! Not trying to do that! In babies, yes, they can do a brace, but I assure you there are several people when older still have hip problems leading to procedures. If caught earlier...like in your 20s, the procedure is not a simple fix. They will do PT and exercise modifactions and...
  11. S

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    How's your other hip look? That's amazing. My dysplasia didn't show up on x-rays or and MRI. I had a CT scan that showed it, and it took 2.5 years after my accident. I also ended up having pelvic floor dysfunction and hidden inguinal hernias (a triad of conditions), and the only person to...
  12. S

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    I love that your PT really focuses on you doing things properly, including soft tissue work. Yep, that fascia layer is like a webbing covering all our muscles. It's kind of between the skin and the muscle and in more recent years they have discovered how important it is. When it knots up, it...
  13. S

    Bilateral THR Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure

    I've read on here that people notice improvements up to two years post op and some even beyond. I'm glad you still are seeing/feeling positive changes!
  14. S

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    @JamesUK Congrats on your new hip! I'm sorry you got off to such a rocky start but am thrilled to read that you are doing so well! There are many Jameses in my family so good name, including my dad. :) I'm always curious. What led to your replacement by age 40? I'm 45 and had my right done...
  15. S

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    I gave updates with my first hip and will do the same with this one. It helps to look back, especially if you have to do it again. Boring is the name of the game at this stage, and that's what we want really. Haha. I like uneventful in terms of the incision and overall healing. :-) I'm so...
Back
Top Bottom