@Jaycey- no, my OS said nothing of how to bounce back from the drop in hemoglobin. I've only been told that a normal range is 12-16 and I'm at an 8.
I don't have a primary care physician. Honestly, prior to this car accident I never really needed to go to a doctor for anything. When I would get...
Thank you @GrannyC! I really appreciate your perspective. I am by no means a slacker and so my doctor's attitude yesterday really offended me. I don't know why, but my PT laid out the milestones of walker to crutches to cane over a 3-week period so I thought I was meeting those goals just fine...
Hello, all! I sorry I haven't posted in a week. It seems just accomplishing the smallest of tasks takes so much longer than normal and before you know it, the day is gone and you've not really done all that much. A 10-minute shower takes an hour, getting dressed takes 20 minutes instead of 5...
@GrannyC- thank you for giving me that little extra push to go ahead and call OS.
They did not seemed surprised at all that at 6 days post-op I still needed 10MG Oxy every 4hrs. and refilled the the Rx so I can keep ahead of pain and keep moving with PT.
Nothing wants to makes you want to...
@GrannyC - thank you for saying that...I certainly didn't want to scare anyone away from having this surgery!
I am still struggling with pain management. I'm not sure why, but my doctor prescribed 1 tab 5MG Oxycodone HCL every 4-6 hours when in the hospital 2 tabs every 4 hours was putting me...
@gaulsuerou- I deeply apologize for creating any unnecessary fears! My experience was not all that positive, but that doesn't mean yours won't be textbook! In fact, because I had read countless success stories on this forum, I was shocked by so many missteps at my hospital.
The best advice I...
I've not been able to lift my surgery leg in and out of bed without the assistance of a leg lifter tool (also found on Amazon). I know I will get there, but for now, this give me just that little extra "umph" without asking for help each time.
I had an irrational fear that I would get my...
Hi, Emma! I'm so happy to hear my surgery buddy is doing good.
I just got home last night and agree "there's no place like home!" My bed never felt so good and I really missed my fur baby too.
For your hair, you might want to check out these (Amazon): No Rinse Shampoo Cap (Five-Pack)
I...
Thank you, everyone! I really appreciate your support, advice, and words of encouragement. What a night! Not anything I pictured in my head, but I'm so grateful for my BoneSmart friends to talk to in the midst of my fear last night. It really helped.
One of the nurses who was just trying to...
Help! I feel like I'm losing my mind but can't tell if I'm just suffering from post-op hysteria. I had my total hip replacement to my right side at 7:30 this morning.
Apparently there were complications as when my doctor cut the bone, it bled profusely. They got it under control but I didn't...
Thank you @Me2! I really appreciate your words of encouragement. We worked ahead as much as we could this week so hopefully we won't get too far behind. I'm up now and will be in surgery in just a few hours!
With much appreciation,
Charlene
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.