Recent content by spencermm

  1. S

    THR Gotter done

    Thank You :)
  2. S

    THR Gotter done

    Hey Hippies, got a question regarding fatigue. I'm a 50 year old male, previously very active, and about 6 weeks removed from an anterior LTHR. Just had a doctor appointment and he says my recovery is going well. I forgot to ask him about this issue. I seem to be fatigued all the time. We...
  3. S

    THR Gotter done

    I had my first follow up aptt yesterday. Doc says I'm doing great and am ahead of the curve. I attribute my doing so well to about 80% my surgeon's skill, and 20% to me working hard and diligently at pt. This surgeon really is amazing. I knew he was one of the best in the state. While in...
  4. S

    THR Gotter done

    If you need another thr, you will handle it with the same courage and strength you handled the first one. I know you posses these qualities because you couldn't get to where you are now otherwise. I don't think I will ever jog again. Much as I dislike swimming, it may be my new go to exercise.
  5. S

    THR Gotter done

    Waterman, I noticed a few twinges in my good hip the first week. I wrote it off as my good hip having to compensate so much- over work kind of. Haven't experienced anything in the last week.
  6. S

    THR Stick A Fork In Me! I'm Done!

    Wow! Impressive turn around time. Hope I do that good. Keep up the good work!
  7. S

    THR Gotter done

    I don't actually know how much I walk. It's a lot, and multiple times a day. It's probably 90% of my whole workout. It's paying off too. I'm off the walker and just use the cane now, except for middle of the night, half asleep bathroom trips. I don't trust myself to not trip or something...
  8. S

    THR Gotter done

    No. I had a hard time hooking up with my PT. She came out once last week and is supposed to come today. I went online and found some PT exercises for hip replacement patients and had been doing them religiously. I'm now doing the exercises the pt gave me, as they seem more fruitful. I'm...
  9. S

    THR Gotter done

    Doing pretty good Waterman. I can't claim no hip pain, but I'd say it's at a 2 and below. I too went to the grocery store and a farmers market. I did good but was very fatigued at the end of the day. Glad you're doing so well!
  10. S

    THR Gotter done

    Day 12 post op and I walked about 20 feet with no walker or cane. It wasn't graceful or pretty, but it was steps. My recovery is going so much better than I had imagined. I frequently imagine the worst, so- grain of salt. Actually, the surgery went better than I'd imagined too. I was telling...
  11. S

    THR Gotter done

    (Sorry moderators. My reasoning was that I was asking a question about other's recovery so I thought it might warrant a new thread. My bad. Won't happen again.) It seems like I read somewhere on here that someone felt numb in small areas of the thigh even years post op. M1KE, yeah, I'm so...
  12. S

    THR Amazing is all I can say!

    Wow! That is amazing. Took me 2 days to do that and I was ecstatic!
  13. S

    THR Gotter done

    How long does the thigh stay numb? Generally speaking.
  14. S

    THR Gotter done

    Well, I’m on day 6 post op, and day 4 being home. I have to say most things are going better than I expected. I did 2 milestones that were important to me 2 days ago. I took a shower in our bathtub. I was concerned about my op leg clearing the high tub walls. With help from my wife we did...
Back
Top Bottom