Recent content by SPE2020

  1. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    So how is going with you Moondove?
  2. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Finally stop Tramadol on Saturday...at this time, Im trying Tylenol 1's - 1 hour before exercise & 1 before sleep (plus1 Asprin/day). Still waking up every 3 hrs. See PT this Tuesday. It will be 2 week tomorrow since surgery. Highs & lows still. Elevate & Icing 3-4x's/day.
  3. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Hi Moondove, there are a few of us from March 2. Look forward to your story and sharing!
  4. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    What a great suggestion...I'm going to try this....you're so right its tough to keep up the bags of ice. Thank you ginr!
  5. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Bikinglynn, That definitely sounds like progress. Whats your next? It's nice to be here on BoneSmart for the info, education & companionship of those gone, going or about too... Sending you the best during your recovery! Have a nice day!
  6. SPE2020

    TKR Feel so alone

    Hi Flash1955, We both had surgery the same day. I was discharged the next day home. You are so spot on with all your post-op symptoms. I bet you prepared for everthing else (like most of us) however, there was no way to prepare for the mental/emotional states we go thru. When I was reading...
  7. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Morning Annie & Rubroo, My blend of essences has been lavender for sleep. And my daily blend I go to frankincense & orange. Love those difussors! Hope your day is going well!
  8. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Hi Hedy1962, Don't hesitate to reach out to chat. Going thru your surgery is challenging enough mentally and to be coronateened (as my nephew told me because I stayed in for 10 day before going out). Few visitors...mostly bringing gifts of ice! Hang in there, dig deep inside and get up and go...
  9. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Annie, Oh my...I can't imagine having a sprained ankle on top of your LKR. Getting all those pain areas under control must take a lot of your energy. Take care. So how long were you on pain meds after surgery? I finally feel mine is under control and also I'm starting to know the signs when to...
  10. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Thank you Annie for sharing your experince. Its supportive and encouraging. Just called a neighbour to walk the hallway with me. My first time out since discharge (March 3rd). Was getting tired of the "S walk" bed to kitchen-rtn, "L walk" bed to bathroom-rtn and "C walk" bed to livingroom-rtn...
  11. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Everyone that says getting pain management under control is so spot on after surgery. For me, I found a good balance that finally is working. Last night I went back on 2 Tramadol/8 hrs & 2 Tylenol 1's /8 hrs (alternating).... so I'm taking something every 4hrs....just didn't want the heavy...
  12. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Thank you Julia for sharing. This is all quite a journey we all undertook. Thank you for your encouraging words to...keep on keeping on.
  13. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Hi Miggie, Thank you for your kindness in responding to follow. So you are getting a full knee replacement March 31? I will look forward to our supporting of each other thru this forum. Nothing prepares you for this solitude of emotions when one goes thru it. Nice to know there are others out...
  14. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Most of my friends are long distance. One just sent me this. Thought I'd share this. Brought me to tears.
  15. SPE2020

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    One week towards recovery is now behind me...Im learning a day...is just another day So much happened in that week since my surgery. My Hospital 24hr stay was a nightmare! I was going to get into what happened however, my mind just said...leave it back there...thats over! (I do have some...
Back
Top Bottom