Recent content by Sparky87

  1. Sparky87

    Just diagnosed with DDD (degenerative disc disease)

    Hi, I had the spinal injection and it didn't work for me, was hell for two weeks, my story is similar, I have arthritis in both knees, had a RTKR 3 weeks ago, I've got lumbar sponylosis of the 3rd vertebra bottom of the spine, mine flares up when my knees hurt, as my knees hurt they give me pain...
  2. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Hi Josephine, thanks for sorting my thread. My physio explained that moving my foot exercises the muscles that run up the front of my lower leg which helps with the knee cap, it was to help me strengthen up for walking up the stairs, so much advice"....... At the end of the day it's all exercise...
  3. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Hi Birdwatcher, I've had three arthroscopies on my right knee in the last ten years, I then went on to steroid injections,these worked great for 18 months until last September. My surgeon kept putting off a TKR as I'm only 47 but I had had enough of being in pain so I had my knee replaced, I...
  4. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Hi all, I thought I would give you all an update on my progress, first off, a big thanks to everyone on the forum and their advice, secondly, I've learnt that everyone's journey is different, take a little advice from everyone and see what works for you, I had a RTKR on 12th April. One overnight...
  5. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    12 days post op, so far a good day, up and feeling fine. Breakfast downstairs for a change, good bends when exercising. All in all. A good day. May it continue.
  6. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Thanks for your advice, I'm on a similar medication programme with the same amount of meds. I came home with two walking aids a pair of sticks or canes, other than that I'm left to my own devices. The best help is using the ice cuff I'm on it most of the time but it really helps with pain...
  7. Sparky87

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Many thanks for adding me in, yes I've started a thread, it's nice to hear from fellow adventurers
  8. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Many thanks and you are absolutely right, I over did it and have paid the price for the last two days, knee feels very different from the weekend, less movement, more pain than usual, very swollen, I can see that I pushed too much, less exercises, more ice and rests for the last two days and...
  9. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    I would like to say many many thanks to you all for your advice, another rough night last night, but I have managed to support my knee properly and comfortably for the first time since the op thanks to you, I managed 3½ hours sleep from 3am to 6.30am Because I used a different hospital to my...
  10. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Ok, I mislead you slightly, My pain meds I take tramadol at 8am 12pm 4pm and 8pm regular. Paracetamol I take at 6pm 12am 8am and 12 pm I'm not back at work, sorry, I had my knee replaced a week ago today and would love to be back at work, no I was flat out at work up until the day of surgery...
  11. Sparky87

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Had my TKR on 12th April, was quite an experience, hospital was 5 hours from home, my choice due to the surgeon I wanted to use, bad mistake as the journey home was hell, took six hours, although I did it as comfortable as I could in a camper. One week on and happy with my knee, different kind...
  12. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Sorry. No Fitbit. Just count the steps as I walk around the street outside, get to 100 and back in to rest and ice.
  13. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Hi Josephine Medication is as follows. Tramadol 50mg x 2 four times daily as needed Gabapenti 300mg once at night, for two weeks post surgery Apixaban 2.5mg twice daily. Blood thinner, , for two weeks post surgery Celecoxib 200mg twice daily. Anti inflammatory ,, for two weeks post surgery...
  14. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    Swelling and pain, definitely. Rest is something I'm not used to as I'm always busy so it's hard to do, I find elevating the leg hurts my knee, I'm using a cryo cuff for the swelling, best thing ever, I'm elevating the leg as well, thanks for all of your support and advice, nice to be welcomed...
  15. Sparky87

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    There's always tomorrow. I have had an Attune TKR, Something that I researched and chose to have done as the recovery time was quite quick compared to the standard ones they fit here in the UK, guess I was hoping for very quick recovery, must be all the meds I'm on, so yes, I will listen to my...
Back
Top Bottom