Recent content by sparkie

  1. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Hi, I went to Benenden because of their excellent hygiene record (my local hospital is rife with C.diff and MRSA) I had also read an article about Richard Goddard being at the forefront of fitting "Signature" knees and how a lady he had helped by doing a revision on an nhs knee and was boasting...
  2. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    HI, I had my knee replacement done at the Benenden Hospital in Kent, under Mr Richard Goddard. I had a "Signature" knee. However, I live in Bedfordshire and the Benenden is a 200 mile round trip for me. My initial op' was in April 2013 and as I was first referred in February 2013, I was...
  3. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Hi Josephine, thanks for the replies - yes my leg gives way because it is always bent, which is why I am still not good with stairs, especially going down them! I looked at the Chiropractor information and to honest my osteopath does pretty much the same manoeuvres and massage? He was great at...
  4. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Hi, After the MUA I took the Bonesmart mantra way and just iced and elevated (properly elevated, not just feet up on a foot stool which is where I went wrong in the beginning as elevation had not been explained to me!). I did gentle bends/heel slides and a little peddling. I only had 2 weeks...
  5. sparkie

    TKR IrishMike's Recovery Record No. 1 ready for No.2

    Hi there, I am SO envious of your recovery but also VERY pleased for you. Have a wonderful holiday and very best wishes for your op' in September. Sparkie
  6. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Hi All, Just writing in with an update/whinge! Still no bend beyond 118 nor straighter than 15! Still can't walk upstairs without holding on/pulling on my arms a bit (not enough strength in my leg to push me up). Can't walk downstairs without holding on - still mostly 1 step at a time. I...
  7. sparkie

    TKR If whatever bend achieved at three months, is that it?

    Billyboy, I was the same as you and I ended up having to have a manipulation under anaesthetic (mua). If you try everything and nothing works, you may need this too. I had mine after 6 months so don't be bullied into doing anything too soon. I have ended up with 120 degree bend, but it is...
  8. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Hi, Thanks so much for the positive advice. I had the manipulation October 31st 2013. I peddle my bike and a little floor peddler to loosen up and it does help. But if I stop for 10 minutes and try to get up again, I have stiffened up! I have had months of an osteopath trying to stretch and...
  9. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Hi All, Just updating and seeking advice again - my knee has been so much better since I had the manipulation. But, I can still only bend to 118 if I lay on my back with my leg in the air and gently persuade my knee to bend a little at a time. In general everyday use, it just doesn't go over...
  10. sparkie

    Bilateral TKR March 26, 2014

    Hi Jillybean, It does get better with time. The one thing they can't prepare you for is when the depression hits! And it does, doesn't it! I was really positive but it got me too. You are not alone, we all care and know what you are suffering. Just come on here for a whinge if that is how...
  11. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Thank you all. The Benenden would only see me for a year and as the year since my first appointment was up at the beginning of this month, I am no longer on their books! So I may well take up Patient 99's suggestion and see my GP again and try The Horder Centre. Do you recommend a particular...
  12. sparkie

    TKR 16+ weeks out and ROM of 90 degrees!

    Hi All, Just reporting in. It's been a while. I hope everyone is well? My leg is just about ok day to day, but it is still very stiff. I struggle getting downstairs, I fell right down from the top to the bottom 2 weeks ago. Big bruised butt.:gaah: Luckily I didn't hurt my knee.:dancy: I...
  13. sparkie

    TKR Lesions caused by metal sensitivity

    Hi ucsbgal1971, I can tell you from experience that an MUA after 6 months is fine. I was stuck at 85 degrees but wanted to see if exercise and time would improve it. Nothing happened and I had an MUA at 9 months. I can now bend to 120 degrees. However, bending is still stiff, but not as...
  14. sparkie

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Hi, To have a full range of movement at 6 months is great. Well done you. I can get to 120 degrees now, but I had an MUA at 6 months (October 2013) as I was "stuck" at 85-90. The stairs are my biggest challenge right now. The MUA released my quad muscle which is finally getting a bit stronger...
  15. sparkie

    Possible MUA

    Hi Loki's mom; I was in the same situation as you. I tried everything to get my knee to bend beyond 90 degrees, but it just wouldn't happen. I had my knee replaced in April and an MUA was scheduled for July. However, I put it off in the hope that time and effort would help. It didn't.:hissy...
Back
Top Bottom