Recent content by southernlass

  1. southernlass

    THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

    Congratulations, @sequin98! Should be downhill from here. Best wishes for a fast and uneventful recovery!! Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
  2. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Thanks @Mojo333. I will stay the course with laxative meds until I'm off the pain meds. Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
  3. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    It sure does! I feel like a different person. Have a great weekend. The sun is out here and it looks to be a glorious day![emoji16] Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
  4. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Thanks, @MammaT ! It may seem an odd thing to celebrate, unless you've lived through it! Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
  5. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Day 9- Hurray! Things FINALLY started moving! I give credit to the BoneSmart recipe. I was beginning to think that I was going to have to visit the ER. As with most things, patience wins. But I will admit that I was on the verge of panic when it finally happened. One more obstacle overcome in my...
  6. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Thanks for the tips, @sequin98 and @Mojo333. I'll try the bean soup and the corn. My hubby just made the. Bonesmart recipe for constipation relief (unprocessed bran, prune juice, and applesauce). We'll see if this does the trick tomorrow morning. Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral...
  7. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Help! 8 days post-surgery with no BM. My new hip is healing well, so I'm good on that front. I've been taking Miralax and stool softener since surgery on the 8th. Two days ago, I started taking Milk of Magnesia and large glass of prune juice with a bran muffin every day. Drinking lots of...
  8. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    @SaraK, It's the thought that counts !
  9. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Finally got rid of the spinal headache! Now to tackle the constipation...6 days and counting. I ate a bran muffin this morning and just took my first dose of MOM. Hoping that things will move along soon![emoji857] Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic...
  10. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    That seems to do the trick, @MammaT, so I guess I'll just surrender to it until it gets better[emoji25][emoji856] Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
  11. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    I've been taking anti-nausea meds since I got sick in the hospital. @Josephine and @Jaycey thanks for the quick response. Sounds like it's one of those just grin and bear it things. I just keep telling myself that it will be over soon. Sleeping a lot, so I'm grateful for that. Deb RTHR 8...
  12. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Well, unfortunately I developed a spinal headache a few hours after I got home on Saturday. Terrible ache and stiffness in the back of my neck going up into the back of my skull. It is agonizing at times. I had one 23 years ago after giving birth to my 3rd child. They did a spinal blood patch...
  13. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Just got home and am now ensconced in my new lift recliner. Quite comfy. Ice on hip and waiting for pharmacy to call so my hubby can pick up my meds. They're running about 1 1/2 hours behind. I was supposed to have tramadol at 2:30, but missed it. Hope I don't end up missing the 4:30 norco...
  14. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Thanks @hikejunkie ! I had a good night. I get to go home this afternoon. Yippee! Deb RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty
  15. southernlass

    THR Recovery begins in a couple of hours!

    Thanks @Layla, I know about the risk of infection with the catheter, but it's so much more convenient![emoji38] I'm doing fine with getting to the bathroom and back with the walker, so I'm really okay with losing it. Thanks for the good wishes. Feeling ready to go home tomorrow, now that the...
Back
Top Bottom