Recent content by Somsteve

  1. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Hi Layla, Nothing good to report I’m afraid. Currently in lockdown at home and bored to tears! Still on the long road to recovery. Still got low level pain in both hips which is worsened by exercise. Was due to go on holiday to Italy this Saturday but, obviously, that’s cancelled. Booked to go...
  2. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Meeting with PTs was interesting. It was a group session so good to compare progress with others. No new information really, just the usual ‘everything is normal, you’re doing really well, got to be patient’ Seems like my ongoing pain may be due to sciatic nerve damage from surgery which should...
  3. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Hi Layla, Thanks for your message, I’m still not getting email notifications of new posts. I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau. I have low level pain in both hips all the time. Pain doesn’t increase with walking and PT but a few hours after exercising and the following day I am in quite a lot...
  4. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Hi Eman85, thanks for your reply. Strangely I have never found icing to be particularly helpful, I don’t know why when everyone seems to find it works. I am still not able to reach my feet to put shoes and socks on without stiffness and pain. I know I have to be patient but it’s hard!
  5. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Sorry I haven’t responded to the last couple of posts. I’m still not getting email notifications of new posts. I’m still getting pain in both hips on the outside which is aggravated by exercise. I really don’t know what to do. I know that I need to keep moving but even the most gentle exercise...
  6. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Hi Mojo333 and thanks for your prompt reply. I think the Piriformis Syndrome is quite likely to be my problem and I will follow it up. It’s funny how having some sort of diagnosis always makes you feel better, so thanks for that I love the ‘dossing around’ definition. It really cheered me up
  7. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Well, I seem to have hit a brick wall! Things seemed to be going well but I have now developed quite severe pain in both hips (mainly buttock area). My Physio says this is quite normal and that I am doing very well but I’m not convinced. I had weaned myself off dihydrocodeine successfully but...
  8. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Thankyou Layla, everything is going quite well. Struggling a bit to stop taking dihydrocodeine. Must be patient
  9. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Thanks Mojo
  10. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    All the right boxes seem to be ticked but I still don’t seem to receive e-mail notifications?
  11. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Can anyone please advise how I set up my account to receive e-mail notifications when new posts are received? Thanks.
  12. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Hi Mojo, thanks for your reply. Yes I am having PT although the pain has limited my ability to exercise. The general consensus is that it is ‘just one of those things’ and I should try to keep moving without overdoing things and causing extra pain. It’s so difficult finding the happy medium.
  13. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Hi Layla and fellow ‘Hippies’. Can’t believe it’s four months since ‘righty’ was done. Everything is fine with that one and progressing well but ‘Lefty‘ has been very different. I have had severe pain problems despite X-rays showing nothing wrong surgically. Now nearly four weeks out and things...
  14. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Thankyou all so much for your positive thoughts! I feel a lot better about going ahead with the op. Will let you know how it goes
  15. Somsteve

    THR Steve’s Recovery Thread

    Well, it must be time for an update! Still getting quite a lot of pain and stiffness from operated (R) hip but am going ahead with TLHR next Tuesday 19/11/19. Some say it’s too soon (TRHR was 14/8/19) but I figure that it’s best to get it done and then I can get on with full recovery. At the...
Back
Top Bottom