I was a member here bk in 2019 and now find myself nursing my other half through his op. His surgery was 16/6/2022. I’ve forgotten everything and I am not a good nurse :heehee: He is feeling ok but is worried he cannot move his toes at the moment. Doc said nerve damage is possibility but...
@catkin69 Hi Hi!!! Hope you’re all good. How is your knee coping with the change in temp here this month? I’ve noticed a change in my knee. It doesn’t like being cold!
I’m back at work full time and noticing a huge improvement in my quality of life. No grinding arthritic pain - still some...
Help!! My knee feels like it’s ‘catching’ on the lateral side. I had lots of swelling yesterday and trouble walking. I’m icing now and keeping my fingers crossed it’s nothing sinister.
I love this analogy. I think part of the problem is that it’s almost an invisible injury. Once the crutches have gone, you look like normal. I sometimes take my crutches out because I know I will need the psychological (as well as physiological) support!!
Thank you all. I don’t know what I would do without the support of this forum. It’s these positive comments that stop me beating myself up for perceived slow progress. I think I just hoped that I would have passed the point of pain when I wake and when I walk by now. I haven’t. I have pain in...
Hello all. I’m still here - just!
The knee healing has def plateaued. I went to physio last week for a massage but it was a new guy and he was a bit over zealous. The following day I was in real pain and I couldn’t put weight through my leg. Not great.
I am too scared to go back but feel...
@catkin69 @Bionic the massage was simply amazing. My clever friend is an ex Royal Ballet School Principal and knows the body inside out. I felt like I was walking on air when I came out. Mind u, this morning I felt like I’d been hit by a train!! Tonight I’ve noticed an improvement in the...
Hello All. Been a bit quiet on the site but excited to say that tonight saw my knee take its first flight. I’ve come home to see my parents in Scotland tonight. Did smile as my leg set off the scanner at security! Was then patted down, swabbed and body scanned! Thought I may have to whip out...
@Irish471 you are def not alone. I am now approaching 8 weeks and have my good days and bad days. I think as the weeks go on, I am becoming more frustrated with the pace (or lack) of my recovery. Certain things are coming back like taking steps without that horrible screechy arthritic pain but I...
Today I managed to go to the gym. Well that is to say I went through the front doors and sat on an exercise bike. 3 mins later I was off said bike and in the jacuzzi instead.
I was pleased I managed a few revolutions on the bike with a normal (ish) bend in my knee. I’m so paranoid of overdoing...
@catkin69 You’re up early!! I woke this morning to some lovely ligament pain. I’ve stayed hidden under the duvet and the kids are now off to school. Hoping to hide for the whole morning under here!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.