Recent content by Snook

  1. Snook

    Scar tissue?

    I don't have surgery booked yet. I see the surgeon again in 3 weeks, and hope to find out then.
  2. Snook

    Scar tissue?

    I have been reading here about people needing to have further surgery to cut away scar tissue - to allow more flexibility in the knee. Is there anything that can be done to prevent scar tissue forming....medication, creams/massage, diet or exercise wise?
  3. Snook

    Being too young

    Ask them, "why?". "I have a condition that puts me in horrible pain every day, what possible benefit is it ti me?". Actually you are a much nicer person than me, because I'd probably only have two words for them.
  4. Snook

    14 Days Till My Surgery. What do you think?

    Oh what a horrible thing to say! My mother would pass it on too, some people just can't help themselves! I would take it as meaning the death of pain....the start of a new life. I mean, really, who would die during knee replacement? They aren't going near major organs. You will be fine...
  5. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    I can only imagine the elation you felt when he said that! My surgeon is a very handsome man, in good shape.....I feel so apologetic when I see him. If he had the skill I wouldn't mind if Quasimodo did my surgery!
  6. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    Oh......I will be staying with my mother when I come home from hospital........for at least a week.....longer if she has anything to do with it. She had even enclosed her patio so I can bring my cats too! I have already started stocking up on canned tuna etc. as for standing to make a...
  7. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    I don't know what the wait time is here. I live in a small country town, and travel 96 kilometres to work (each way) every day. My family all live over 100ks away. I think they would likely make me wait until my first knee is fully healed before they do the second, on account of me being on my...
  8. Snook

    Weight loss after knee replacement??

    I used to play netball, ride horses, cycle, play rugby and hike for hours. None of that is possible anymore. I had my car booked in for an early morning service last week, and I didn't have time for breakfast. The nearest eating place was about 500 metres from the mechanic, so I walked.....it...
  9. Snook

    Weight loss after knee replacement??

    I'm heartened to hear it can happen. Common sense tells me less calories and more activity will help me lose weight......but when it comes from a doctor the white coat effect comes into play and I believe whatever they tell me!
  10. Snook

    Weight loss after knee replacement??

    I hope this is the right place to post this, please move it if not. I haven't had the op yet, and while discussing it with the surgeon he said to me, "You need to lose weight first. Nobody ever loses weight after knee replacement surgery. They all say they are going to get active, and start...
  11. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    I do want to lose weight......to get the surgery, for me. I'm happy with how I look, and being thin with stuffed knees isn't going to help me be any more active. I'm sorry to be sounding so negative......it's starting to wear me down.
  12. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    My knees do rule my life, and if I have to wait until I am 60, then it truly won't be a life worth living. I try not to be dictated to, but I can't make the surgeon operate on me. I'm just trying to figure out the right way to look, or the right things to say to make him want to do my knees...
  13. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    I am finding comfort here. I have a few projects on the go. I'm doing a challenge currently - which is a 40 inch square Christmas quilt to be donated to the Flying Doctors. I'm binding a 44" square vintage sheeting strip quilt, and I have two hand pieced hexagon quilts that I am not very far...
  14. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    Thank you, Lori. I think with me being so young; in TKR terms; that they want me to wait as long as possible. I just don't feel as if I can wait much longer. I overheard two 80 plus ladies in my quilting group talking about me a week or two ago, "look at the poor thing, so young and she can...
  15. Snook

    Newbie needing new knees

    Thanks! I hope it works out too!
Back
Top Bottom