Recent content by smokey1

  1. smokey1

    TKR Almost 5 months!

    SanTheo, I had my knee replacement on May 17. I am almost 6 months out and I have pain everyday when I bend my knee, I wake up every morning to a painful knee. I can walk fine do everyday types of chores. I completed my PT , successfully, according to my PT . Good range and extension. He gave me...
  2. smokey1

    TKR Hospitalized with Covid

    Wow, so sorry to hear you have been suffering with Covid. Maybe you could go do the exercises you were doing in the beginning, in bed. I know that is frustrating but it would be some movement for your knee. Do you use still have your walker? Have you been in touch with your surgeon? Best of luck...
  3. smokey1

    TKR 5 months out

    Thanks for the advice, Jacey . I messaged my PA and her reply was similar to yours, except she said , I should have less pain each month from here on out and if I don’t, maybe I should be checked. That’s concerning to me but I guess I will see how the next month goes. I ride a recumbent bike for...
  4. smokey1

    TKR 5 months out

    Good morning, It’s been awhile since I have posted, I am almost 5 months post surgery and I still wake up with a stiff and somewhat painful knee. It does get better during the day with walking, biking and daily living, but I wonder is this normal at this stage of my recovery? Should I be concerned?
  5. smokey1

    TKR Flutter1’s BoneSmart Success

    Glad to hear things are continuing to go well for you, Flutter1. As you know, we will still have our good days and bad days,but the good days are definitely outweighing the bad .
  6. smokey1

    TKR LKTR 19 May recovery

    Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about your stroke. Hopefully , things are improving on that end. Your ROM is excellent for almost 11 weeks out. What kind of exercises are you doing in bed? Are you able to ride a stationary bike at all? The recumbent bike really helped me with loosening up my knee.
  7. smokey1

    TKR 5 months out

    So, I thought I would share some good news. I am almost 11 weeks out and I just finished my Physical Therapy . I was there for 8 weeks. My ROM is at 130 with full extension (finally) ! I am very pleased with my Physical Therapist, He never pushed me but always encouraged me to keep going, even...
  8. smokey1

    TKR 5 months out

    Jockette, I knew I would get kick back from that remarkbut honestly, when I have elevated more (3- 4 times a day for 45-60 min. ) it hasn’t made the much of a difference . I still wake up with my knee and surrounding area looking the same. I am looking into getting lymphatic massages a couple of...
  9. smokey1

    TKR 5 months out

    Flutter1 Nice to hear from you. I have been reading your threads and it sounds like you are doing great. I do doing okay, but I still have quite a bit of swelling. I go to PT 2 times a week . He’s very good but the pressure for better flexion is always there. Currently, I am at 1/120. He did...
  10. smokey1

    TKR Knee Wobble Question

    At 15 days out I was still in quite a bit of pain. Your 0/105 is very good . Do you have a lot of swelling? I still do at 9 weeks out. Turning in bed and putting on socks was quite painful at 2 weeks. They did a lot of work just above the knee. I still get pain there from time to time, I...
  11. smokey1

    TKR Dr Mirkin Recants RICE

    I wasn’t allowed to ice for the first six weeks after surgery. I did elevate as recommended and that seemed to help. I am now almost 9 weeks out. I still have some swelling but my ROM is 130 and my extension is 1. I still have pain most days. I do ice sometimes now, but I find it only to be a...
  12. smokey1

    TKR LTKR recovery going smoothly

    You mention your knee being stiff, a lot. The walking 30 minutes is obviously good for your strength, balance, leg extension and gait, but I wonder if you should walk twice a day , starting out at 15 min. each time. Maybe challenge yourself a little more with the stretching (without much pain...
  13. smokey1

    THR Psoasis Relief

    Honeybeast, That was sn excellent article from the Holy Cross center with Dr. Leon. His advice is spot on concerning what to tackle first ? Hip, Knee or Back. This is a must bread for those who have multiple areas of concern. I had my rt hip done , then my rt knee and it has definitely improved...
  14. smokey1

    TKR Arrangrls RKR Journey

    Arrangrl I have had my moments also. Every time I wake up and I am still in pain and my knee is still swollen- 8 weeks out, but it doesn’t last. As I start to move during the day , I feel better. We have to believe our knee is getting stronger every day ,because it is! It’s more than okay to...
  15. smokey1

    TKR TKR Stitch hovering just above the skin

    Rachelgarden, Be careful with the Advil / Tylenol combination. After my hip surgery in late 2018, I sustained Si joint damage and had chronic lower back pain. My surgeon told me to take 2 Tylenol and 3 Advil , 4 times a day . I did this for a year and sustain a stomach bleed and became very...
Back
Top Bottom