Recent content by Smiler

  1. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Hi Sistersinhim Thank you for your advice, I obviously overdid it in the pool and I realise I am being impatient with my recovery, 10 weeks seems a lifetime but not for this type of surgery. I have learnt my lesson as I lie in bed with zingers and a painful foot and knee…I also resorted to...
  2. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Thank you very much for your comments. I went to Devon for a week and used the pool almost twice daily, not swimming as I can only do breast stroke which I know isn’t recommended but I was doing a lot of exercises, maybe this is the cause? It didn’t feel like I was doing too much at the time!
  3. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Good afternoon! Just a bit of advice please; I am now coming up to 10 wks post op, I still have the tight band feeling around my knee - I am used to it now and hope it will eventually go away but over the past wk my foot has really swollen up. It looks like a pigs trotter! Joking apart it’s...
  4. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Thank you all so much for your support, your comments have really lifted me as I start a new day!
  5. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Hi everyone, I have purposely stayed away from here as I must admit I was way too negative and didn’t want to bring anyone else down with me! Just an update - 6 wks tomorrow and I still have the incredible tightness in my knee but I am off of the strong painkillers and managing to walk without...
  6. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Thank you so much
  7. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Thank you to all who have listened to my whining and apologies if I have sounded negative. I won’t be posting anymore but will be happy to see others comments and learn from them. Best wishes
  8. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    I didn’t realise the dump was so popular!
  9. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Yes, it is a rude awakening that’s for sure! I’ve never felt this useless….
  10. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    You are absolutely right, two steps forward and one back it seems at this time. When I wake up I always pray to feel better but I don’t really….I know I’m only 4wks on Thursday but i feel like I’m serving a prison sentence! Due to go to Devon (5hrs in car) on 12th June but yesterday went to the...
  11. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    A new symptom! To the right of my knee it feels like a have a huge ball bearing there! Along with the vice like grip it’s really hard to get around….I was down to one crutch before this but now need both again! The joys….:shocked:
  12. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Hello Ghostpipe Thank you for replying, I hate to whine… I was thinking yesterday, could it be that quite a few people on here haven’t had the best time and there might be millions of others that have done well but because they are too busy enjoying life again they don’t write on here? I don’t...
  13. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Feeling bit down….sorry
  14. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    Well it’s a bank holiday here in the UK and I am in bed still… Yesterday I went as a passenger for a 40 min (total there and back) car journey and did a couple of light house chores and now I am suffering… The tight band has got tighter and the tingling has got worse….I wish I’d never had this op!
  15. S

    TKR Tightness in knee

    :snork::snork:
Back
Top Bottom