Recent content by SMenasco

  1. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    Wednesday marks 9 weeks since LTKR surgery and I am finally turning the corner on this journey. I walk without any aids. I have very little redness, no heat nor swelling. It still aches some and also experience moderately severe pain occasionally. When "Mort" (my new knee) wants attention...
  2. S

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    I am eight weeks today and am at 98-100. And for me, since I am not into a lot of physical activity at 72, I really don't care if it doesn't improve, although I'm pretty sure it will over time. In my opinion, the key to recovery and adequate rest/sleep is to take the pain meds on schedule...
  3. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    ema8447, thank you very much for your comments. Makes me feel a little better. I might wait another week and see how it does. Thanks again!
  4. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    I'd like to run something by all of you. I am at 9 weeks since surgery. My knee still has slight swelling. I am still on the hydrocodone, taking two 10mg tabs when it wakes me up with a pain level of 6 or 7 in the middle of the night, 2 or 3 times a week. Doesn't bother me much during the...
  5. S

    Best Icebag out there

    Hello, all. Merry Christmas! Today marks six weeks since surgery. After trying all kinds of icing methods, I have settled on an old fashiones ice bag with the screw on top. I fill it with water and keep it in the refrigerator. The water is plenty cold to use on my knee without having to...
  6. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    1ELISEA, friendly people bring smiles with them wherever they go. Thanks for bringing a smile. By the way, I try to play a little each day. I don't think I'm quite ready to do a 3 hour jam session just yet. The dobro neck sitting on my incision, even with a towel, is just a shade...
  7. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    Thanks to all for your wise words.
  8. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    I tried taking otc pain pills, acetaminifin (sp) to keep from taking too much hydrocodone, but they just didn't phase me, so i had to go back to the dope to get any relief.
  9. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    I'm experiencing some weird activity with my pain medication. I have been trying to take it by the clock. In the last week or so, I haven't needed anything during the day, but the pain wakes me up around 2 am every morning at a 6 to 7 level and I have to get up and take a dose. Any ideas?
  10. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    My PT yesterday was kidding me that my new knee would let me know when there is an 80 percent chance of rain. Is there any truth in the comments that the replacement knee is now my portable barometer requiring no batteries or charging? If so, how neat is that? Experiences? Thanks.
  11. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    Hello, Diva. Thank you for your discussion and Ida Red thanks you, also. She really is a beauty with a magnificent voice. Mostly nice and sweet, but she can yell at you if she chooses. I don't really care who owns the brand, it's still a dobro "small d" to me. Sorry, I don't have any music...
  12. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    Surgery was 30 days ago today. Yesterday, my kneecap started to hurt. It kept this up during the night and the pain meds didn't seem to affect it. It comes and gos. I'm wondering if this is similar to my experience of needles sticking into my incision, nerves doing something. Anyone...
  13. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    Today marks one week without any walking/standing support (not using walker anymore). Knee is working well. No pain the type experienced prior to surgery. I have no plans to use a cane. However, I do hang onto the shopping cart at the store. Knee is still painful at times between medication...
  14. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    icep707, diverticulitis is a condition of the colon, whereby small pea-sized and larger pockets are formed on the lining of the colon. The hydrocodone or any of the opiate drugs, so I'm told, affects the sensors that move the waste along. The colon continues to remove moisture from the...
  15. S

    TKR 16 Days PostOp, Getting Better

    Thanks, icep707. I did not experience a whole lot of swelling, so I probably don't ice as much as some. I'd say two to three times a day during the first two weeks. Now, about once a day. I use one of those old fashioned ice bags like the fighters use, that has the screw on top. I just keep...
Back
Top Bottom