Recent content by Sleeplessinseattle

  1. S

    Bilateral THR frustrated

    As others have said, the first interval after surgery can be rough, things will get better though. Lean on your support system and use this forum.
  2. S

    THR Compression stockings

    Seven days seems a bit much, might want to give your doc a call and see what some appropriate next steps are. I was five days out before my bowels decided to kick into gear again.
  3. S

    Need THR but terrified of DVT

    Solid advice, do what I do and obsess about potential dislocations instead.
  4. S

    THR I'm Here!

    Congrats on getting it done and here's hoping for an uncomplicated recovery.
  5. S

    THR Day 5 post op hip replacement

    The "getting dressed" milestones are nice, the day you on socks and it's not a struggle is amazing(and coming soon for you). Just know that we've all been there and are here to support you.
  6. S

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    Thanks for continuing to share you experiences post-op and it's good to hear you're heading in the right direction.
  7. S

    THR hip replacement secondary to Legg-Calves-Perthes?

    I work in an ER, bit of an adrenaline junkie. Glad to hear of the other positive post THR outcomes for LCPD'ers!
  8. S

    THR hip replacement secondary to Legg-Calves-Perthes?

    Since i'm awake ( still can't sleep well post op) I was just wondering if any other forumers out there had THR's due to LCPD. I was diagnosed at age 7, treated non-surgically with a splayed brace and I made it to 37 before the pain became unbearable and I opted for surgery. Zero pain since the...
  9. S

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I just wanted to thank you folks for sharing your thoughts and experience. I'm two weeks into recovery from my anterior LTHR and struggling a bit emotionally, reading your stories and knowing i'm not alone in this journey has helped a bit.
Back
Top Bottom