9 weeks post-op. Left hip is doing well. I can tell there is more strengthening of muscles needed, but no pain. I have developed some pain on IT Band area ( side of quad) of right leg. I had a very sore muscle cramp about 3 weeks after right hip replacement back in May that probably hasn't...
6 week post-op. Walking around house with out cane. Use counter or wall for balance if needed, but not really needed. Use cane when leaving the house. mostly for safety, but also to keep walking gate straight. Glutes still weak and tend to want to wobble when walking any distance. I can feel...
4 week post-op - no joint pain , started using cane last weekend, using walker for any lengthy walks. Did a test drive on Monday with no issues, continued PT yesterday, Tuesday. Did well. One day after muscles are tired and a little sore and tight, but expect that to get better as muscles get...
3 week Post-up. Moving pretty good. Had 2 PT sessions this week. Friday going into last weekend, had a back spasm and the next day some muscle in the butt felt twisted and limited walking for about 48 hours, but everything doing well now. I have most eliminated pain meds except at night and...
2 week post-op appointment went well. All is looking good. A little extra swelling compared to first hip surgery, due to blood and bruising, but bruising is almost gone. Lifted all restrictions and do only what is tolerable. I start out-patient PT next Tuesday. I had a little set back, I had a...
Left THR completed 9/13. After being delayed from 8/30 due to power outages in the area including the hospital. Doing well and progressing 10 days post-surgery on left hip. Was a little apprehensive about right hip , but it is responding well also. Some differences from LTHR compared to RTHR in...
Left THR completed 9/13. Doing well and progressing 10 days post-surgery on left hip. Was a little apprehensive about right hip , but it is responding well also. Some differences from LTHR compared to RTHR in April.
LTHR Pain was unbearable with any weight for first 2 days compared to being able...
Bummer!!! We had storms come through Monday night with power outages across Michigan. Got a Call at 10:30 PM that surgery was cancelled due to no power at hospital and only doing emergency surgeries on generator power, also a boil water advisory in effect. Rescheduled for 9/13 with possibility...
One week out for THR for the right hip. still having an ache in the right leg about half way down the side after walking or getting up from a low chair. . Talked to doctor and he is not concerned. said muscles and tendons still healing and it may be 6 months to a year until feeling totally...
I just had pre-opt blood work done, getting ready for THR on left hip on 8/30. Had RH done 4/26, so it will be about 4 months apart. I am ready to be able rehab both hips and get moving even more. Right is pretty good, but looking forward to a quiker recovery for LH due to it not being as bad as...
Update July 19: 12 weeks post-op. Hi, Back from 2 weeks camping. Overall did OK. I over-did walking one day and paid for it the next few days. Sitting in low chairs and getting up is not my friend yet. Only pain in surgical hip is a muscle or IT band half way down side of leg. Guess I need more...
Update June 28: 9 weeks post-up LH THR. closer to 90%, there I think. walking pretty good, use cane when it is long distance or tired. Just need to keep strengthening the muscles. I will have last PT session in 2 days, the off camping for a couple of weeks. I did get an injection in the left hip...
Update June 21: 8 weeks post-up LH THR. Feel about 80-90%. Discomfort only on side when getting up, made the mistake of telling PT and started me on exercises getting up and down from different heights to mimic different heights of chairs. Ha Ha. Saw the doctor and scheduled a steroid...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.