Recent content by skiwizz

  1. skiwizz

    TKR Post op infection risk

    Thank you all for the great information! I did mean the risk of germs being brought back home again to me. My mum got a Staph infection post operatively years ago and suffered with a badly deformed knee joint and pain for years :-/. So much to consider. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. skiwizz

    TKR Post op infection risk

    I'm 2 weeks post op from TKR (22 Oct 16) and making excellent progress. Staples out 02 Nov 16. I had left TKR, back in 2013 so to some extent know the ropes about recovery etc. My question is this - for how long after surgery could one be at risk from picking up MRSA? My very elderly mother in...
  3. skiwizz

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    My second knee April 29th! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. skiwizz

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. skiwizz

    TKR Check up after five years of skiing, biking and hiking!!

    Hi@skigirl :-) I completed a week on the slopes Trois Vallees in France and it was great!!! I skied everyday. I realised after day two that my leg muscles had begun to hurt so much because I was tending them up- probably out of fear. No problem with TKR, no pain, no swelling. A dream come true...
  6. skiwizz

    Skiing 18 months post tkr

    Thanks for all advice! I think I haven't yet worked out how this forum operates so please excuse mistakes I think that I was worrying about this as I skied for so many years before with a compression type on as it used to swell up like a balloon! I'm going to a snow dome first to practice before...
  7. skiwizz

    Skiing 18 months post tkr

    Thanks for replies and I am encouraged! Do you wear leg braces please? I am undecided about whether I should do this. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  8. skiwizz

    Skiing 18 months post tkr

    Anyone got experience of this please? Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom