I will be skiing soon. The OS says this is a wait and see thing. So I'll go on with my life and hope things continue to improve. I'll be back on NSAIDs once the season starts. Hopefully won't need too much. Thanks for the encouragement...
I had my 1 year appointment and x ray 2 weeks ago. My knee is still crunchy and a little achy. The OS said there's still some swelling. The concerning thing is my x-ray.... he pointed out some opaque area at the tibial interface. He said that it could be nothing if it remains stable over time...
I'm doing a quick update... it's been over 9 months and I still have pain. My knee is crunchy bending and straightening and stairs and ladders still hurt. I am way more functional than before surgery... I'm just surprised to still be hurting at this point. I still have hope of improvement with...
What I did for my 6 month kneeaversary.... just came back from 6 days of skiing the fresh pow in Utah. Everything ungroomed because they couldn't keep up with the snowfall. Knee deep in places...I even took my first big fall.. I'm quite sore but am skiing better than I ever have.
I know it's been a awhile since I was on here. I do use compression tights for skiing.. my current favorite is bracelayer. They are expensive but can usually be found on sale if your patient. I've been using compression gear since before surgery.
I am so jealous.... I've been waiting for conditions to improve here so I can feel more comfortable about skiing. We have almost no winter this year. The temps have been only marginal for snowmaking and my local resorts aren't fully opened. So glad to read that there's no infection.
Thanks..... positive thinking with a willingness to push things beyond what's comfortable has me on track. I will continue to ski a little every week until I can do a whole day on the hill. I'm going to skip the holiday weekend for safety purposes. I'll hopefully get out mid week if weather is good.
I'm just catching up here. What a rollercoaster... thankfully it seems like answers and resolution are coming in short order. Wishing you a better year...:cheers2:
Well last Sunday Jan. 8 I put my skis on and slid for a few runs. The good... I could click into my right binding which requires good extension to do. I could load and unload a low chairlift which requires flexion. I had a lot of trouble doing these things at the end of last season. The not so...
Today PT told me my range is good and my strength is almost there. I do have chronic aching and some exercises still hurt but nothing causes any prolonged increase in discomfort. He said I could start skiing when I feel ready....he also cautioned that I will hurt afterward....LOL I already knew...
I had a new experience today in PT. My knee constantly aches especially when exercising and I have a solid stop point in flexion... knee only goes so far before it reaches an endpoint. It's not particularly painful.. just stops bending. So today I had both scraping (Graston technique) that...
Downhill is definitely a pita. You'll be fine... I mostly ski at Liberty Mountain , Pa. I do however make my way around to other resorts.. I try and do at least 1 or 2 western trips as well.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.