Recent content by ski123

  1. S

    THR Six Weeks out from an Anterior Hip. Where Should I be?

    @lee0605 Reading your posts made me feel happy I am not alone. After 7.5 weeks out I am feeling stronger everyday, but I cannot walk without a cane. I had quite a scare 3 days ago. I was on the couch elevating and icing because I swell up after exercises, walking or biking. Anyway I hear...
  2. S

    THR Thanks for hip tips!

    7 week update! After 5 weeks I finally made a break through. I was able to drive again and I gave up the crutches for a cane. As stated before my original hip pain was gone before I left the hospital. I still have swelling and am pretty sore on the side of my leg. PT is the best thing ever...
  3. S

    THR Thanks for hip tips!

    who is still using crutches, walker, canes, or walking sticks? When did you go without? I'm almost at 5 weeks and can only go with crutches. Without my leg is jello when doing squat like moves not even that deep. I thought I would be walking unaided by 3 weeks. How Is everybody else doing...
  4. S

    THR My recovery - RTHR 7/29/2014

    I wasn't given any precautions from OS,PT or nurses. Although one told me to try the pillow between the legs. That felt good for about 2 weeks, now I use a small towel folded. I was also able to sleep on my non operated side on my second night out. I have tried sleeping on my operated side...
  5. S

    THR Thanks for hip tips!

    @LoyalD Hi, I'm almost 4 weeks out, I stopped Norco after about 10 days and switched to Aleve every 12 hrs. That worked OK, but I have used Norco the past 3 days and today. I think I am doing to many exercises, even though I feel like I should be doing 10 times the work. My wife and...
  6. S

    THR Slow but sure!

    Howdy, I had Right THR on July 8th. Things are going slower then I wanted and slower then I expected, but PT's and OS said I'm right on track. Really? Slow and steady wins the race. To bad life doesn't slow down for us. Hang in there, this forum is great for the mind and body. Good people...
  7. S

    THR Thanks for hip tips!

    @Zebra @toohip I always thought my leg was a 1/2 inch shorter but after measuring with x-ray my OS said it was about an inch off. He said he would be able to add a bit but wasn't sure if he could do a whole inch. He told me it can stretch out the sciatic nerve to far and cause...
  8. S

    THR Thanks for hip tips!

    fulafoto, poppet, LoyalD and everyone else on this forum thank you, thank you, thank you. This site is so helpful. I left the hospital after 29 hours and only had a list of 7 exercises I was supposed to do. No other paperwork tips suggestions or anything. I didn't see my OS for 10 days and...
  9. S

    THR Sophie Z has a new..... hip!

    I have been getting a half hour of deep tissue massage from PT, right over my incision and for some build up over my hip on the side. It feels great! Then I do 45 min. ROM and exercises. Followed by 15.min ice, compression and stim. I wish I could go more then twice a week. Good luck.
  10. S

    THR Thanks for hip tips!

    Thanks for positive replies. My legs now being even is quite a trip. My nickname as a kid was Pegleg ( due to a big brace), I now feel like that more then ever. I am having a hard time finding my center of balance. I was blaming it on the Norco, but I have been done with that for days. I...
  11. S

    THR Thanks for hip tips!

    Wow, thanks to the person who tipped me off to this site! I've been oogiling over it for 2 days before I joined. I had RTHR anterior approach surgery on July 8th. Due to Perthes as a kid and recent pain it was time. I also had my right leg lengthened 1 inch. I was hoping recovery would be...
Back
Top Bottom