Recent content by Skay

  1. Skay

    THR OMG I cannot believe how much better I feel!

    I keep falling asleep in the middle of thought or reading. LOL. I think I will take an exciting trip to the rest room. :)
  2. Skay

    THR OMG I cannot believe how much better I feel!

    I am home after my first hip surgery! I feel great! Tired but great. Doctor said my surgery was easy. PT was easy for me. I feel like someone punched me in the thigh but NO hip pain! I can't wait to have the second one done on the 25th. I actually touched my toes this morning. (okay, I...
  3. Skay

    Pre-op pain management/depression

    Well, I am 1 week out. I am scared not really about the surgery but more about the recovery. What kind of help will I need versus what help will I get from my forgetful distracted spouse? I am in that week where I can no longer take OTC meds to supplement the pain meds I get from the doctor...
  4. Skay

    Pre-op pain management/depression

    I don't think it is actually causing the depression, I have lived with depression for ages. It just seems to agitate the heck out of me to the point that everything pisses me off.
  5. Skay

    Pre-op pain management/depression

    Hi All, I have a history of depression. I take a combo of meds for it. When prescribed Vicodin for pain, I noticed I started to get VERY agitated. I bit the head off everyone! I know it is not serotonin syndrome. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?:no-fin:
  6. Skay

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Is anyone else doing pre-op exercising/physical therapy? There is one exercise that just makes me sweat and almost cry it hurts so bad. My friend, the PT says it is probably the most important exercise to keep the new hip in the socket. Had she not said that, I would happily skip it.
  7. Skay

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Butterfly - "scheduled for the first hip till September 30." That is my Birthday! Sure to be a lucky day! The waiting is awful. Today I woke up and could hardly move. I sympathize with your wait time. Here you finally decide it is time...then someone decides...no...it has to wait for this...
  8. Skay

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Oh, today was one BAD day. Made me really long for September. :cry:
  9. Skay

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Does anyone else feel... on a good day, maybe I really don't need the surgery? I sometimes feel like I am just being a hypochondriac. Then again, when I try to sleep, I wake up because of pain; when I try to walk at a normal pace, I get SHARP pains and have to stop. I am having one of those days.
  10. Skay

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Yeah! Another person on 11 September! Hi Kerilyn.
  11. Skay

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Well, here we go! RTHR on September 11th, LTHR on September 25th. I can't come soon enough but I am anxious.
  12. Skay

    Ice

    Thanks special lady[/USER] I will try your ice recipe! I knew an answer would come out of this group rather easily. :)
  13. Skay

    Need Both Hips Replaced

    Every day is a bit more of a challenge as my right hip is catching up with my bone on bone left hip. I am scheduled for surgeries in September. On the 11th they will do the right hip, on the 25th the left. Though I would love to do it earlier, between the doctor's schedule and commitments I...
  14. Skay

    Ice

    Does anyone have any suggestions about ice packs? My sister swears by frozen peas in a bag but wondered if there were some other suggestions. Ice cubes seem so large and can only be used once. I would like re-usable but I am not thrilled with the idea of vegetables.
  15. Skay

    doggies during recovery.

    Have any of you dealt with NEEDY pets (dogs) during your recuperation? My dachshunds bark to beat the band if they are not allowed on the bed and in the bedroom when I am in there. Any tips?
Back
Top Bottom