Recent content by sissy46

  1. sissy46

    TKR TKR Left Knee

    I hope your surgery went well today.
  2. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    Five months post-op follow up visit yesterday, and Dr. Petrie said I'm doing great and he wants to see me in a year. I still can't sit on my heels but I think I will be able to eventually. In the meantime, baby cat Grayson and I will just have to figure out something else if he needs a pill.
  3. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    @Layla Thank you for remembering me! Yes, I am living life to the fullest and very grateful for my new knee. Riding my bike, walking briskly without limp or pain, and I can almost sit on my heels, which is something useful to do if I need to give my cat a pill. It's amazing to me that I can hop...
  4. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    @Layla, @Axx72 Thank you! I am so thrilled with my recovery so far. Yes, I've been riding my Brompton folding bike that I keep in my car, and of course I'm canoeing several times/week. Back in mid-October, which is peak wildflower/butterfly season here in Florida, I walked a short distance in...
  5. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    @Layla, thank you! I'm doing very well. Back to paddling my solo canoe without any help or any problem; haven't quite had the nerve to get on my bike yet, but I think next week. Happy New Year, everyone!
  6. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    Six week follow-up visit, and I am cleared for resuming canoeing, biking, and volunteer work. X-rays were good, ROM is very good. It's been an easy recovery, but still not a walk in the park. Still not sleeping well, but I know that's typical and will get better. Still stiff and sore at times...
  7. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    @ Creampuff and Layla Thank you so much! I didn't realize it was my knee's anniversary, but it sure is. I'm very happy with my new knee after one month; it feels so much better right now than it did the days before surgery, and it gets better with each passing day. I feel ready to go canoeing...
  8. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    Three weeks post-op today, and I had my first follow-up visit with my surgeon yesterday. All is going very well. I've had 8 in-home PT sessions, with just one more to go. My physical therapist and surgeon agree I don't need to go to out-patient PT, hooray! I'm walking without the walker or...
  9. sissy46

    TKR General anesthesia

    I'm 8 days on the post-op side now. I had general, and they loaded me up with meds and blocks and whatever in pre-op, and I had no pain for about 24 hours, and no nausea. I was able to go home about 3 hours after surgery finished, after I showed PT that I could climb stairs. As far as brain...
  10. sissy46

    TKR Sissy46 Recovery Adventure

    I'm on the other side, hallelujah! I had a right TKR on October 25. My surgeon did a minimally invasive (no quadriceps cut, medial incision) procedure, using the MAKO Robotic Arm. I had general anesthesia as I was not a candidate for a spinal. Along with the general, I had two blocks, one that...
  11. sissy46

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Good for you! Keep us posted on your progress, please. I get my new knee next Tuesday, going home same day.
  12. sissy46

    Bilateral TKR My Journey Begins 5 am Tomorrow!

    Looking forward to following your post -op journey.
  13. sissy46

    TKR General anesthesia

    That was an "interesting" thing for your PCP to say, especially to someone who has had general anesthesia twice. Not everyone can have spinal anesthesia. I would love to have a spinal for my knee replacement next Tuesday, but due to issues with my back, I can't. I had general anesthesia ten...
  14. sissy46

    Advice for identifying a surgeon in 2022?

    What you want to do sounds ideal, but it wouldn't have been practical for me, here in the Orlando area. The surgeon who will do my TKR didn't have an appointment in town here for over 2 months, so I took an appointment a month away and an hour's drive distant. I read everything I could find...
  15. sissy46

    Advice for identifying a surgeon in 2022?

    Hi, I live in the Orlando area, but the surgeon who did my THR ten years ago now works at the Orthopedic Center of Palm Beach County. He's an excellent surgeon, and as nice a person as you'll ever meet. If he were still in my area, he would definitely be doing my TKR next month. His name is Juan...
Back
Top Bottom