Recent content by SimplyD

  1. SimplyD

    THR LTHR Outpatient

    Thanks @Mojo333. I've done my laps and exercises. Hubby is going to take me for a short ride to see the water. It's my favorite place to be and always leaves me feeling peaceful. Nice to know that if I do what I'm supposed to, next summer I can walk the beach pain-free. Yay! My bandage will be...
  2. SimplyD

    THR LTHR Outpatient

    Thank you @Layla & @Jaycey. It was nice to have both the nurse & PT there. I've been very impressed with the process. No misses. Everyone is aware of whats happening at each step. Next big step is my bandage comes off on Monday. Yay!
  3. SimplyD

    THR LTHR Outpatient

    @Lski, I was told that the Gabapentin is part of the new protocol for hip replacements (at Kaiser) and that the response has been good. A friend of mine had her hip replacement three months ago and she said it made a big difference for her. Like me, she's had both hips replaced. Wishing you an...
  4. SimplyD

    THR Finally Home!!

    I hope you're feeling better now that you're home and have some curry (YUM) to make you feel better @emilymae99. I have one healed hip replacement and one healing from the left hip replacement this Monday. You'll get there. Don't overdo it and know that we're all here to support you. :)
  5. SimplyD

    THR LTHR Outpatient

    Tonight is my third night home and I feel great. The Mobic and Gabapentin were a new addition from last time and they really seem to help. The Gabapentin helps with nerve pain which I experienced last time. So far, nada. The Mobic/Meloxicam is an anti-inflammatory/NSAID I was given 15mg to take...
  6. SimplyD

    THR LTHR Outpatient

    Hi Everyone, sorry if I was supposed to merge this with my reovery thread from my previous RTHR from Aug. 2017. This time around, the surgery was done on an outpatient basis and I couldn't be happier. My check-in Time was 5:30 a.m. and I was rolled into O.R. around 7:30 a.m. for prep...
  7. SimplyD

    A little past 1 year RTHR anniversary ready for LTHR

    Hi @Alitm, I hope you're feeling better. I haven't written up my surgery yet. This hip was an outpatient surgery. I thought the first surgery went well, and this one exceeded my expectation. This time, I'm working on not overdoing things and setting myself back. Lesson learned with the last...
  8. SimplyD

    A little past 1 year RTHR anniversary ready for LTHR

    @Toddlermom Hope you're doing well.
  9. SimplyD

    A little past 1 year RTHR anniversary ready for LTHR

    @dlp Too funny, I grew up in Pontiac - now known as "The Yak" lol. Saturday was my favorite TV day as a kid. Sir Graves Ghastly, Soul Train and American Bandstand. I hope your recovery is going well.
  10. SimplyD

    A little past 1 year RTHR anniversary ready for LTHR

    @Mojo333 How's the hip? Are you still seeing improvements beyond one year?
  11. SimplyD

    A little past 1 year RTHR anniversary ready for LTHR

    @dlp I have to ask, did you grow up watching Sir Graves Ghastly? I rarely see his face anywhere. It made me smile.
  12. SimplyD

    A little past 1 year RTHR anniversary ready for LTHR

    Thank you for the warm welcome back everyone. Guess what? I have a date! My wish for a cancellation came true. Monday October 15th! I haven't checked in because I've been running around doing labs, EKG, MRSA swabs and all the fun from last time. I met with the surgeons case manager and have...
  13. SimplyD

    A little past 1 year RTHR anniversary ready for LTHR

    Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been here. My right THR is GREAT. No pain, I'm back to doing yoga with some modifications due to my left hip. I met with my surgeon this week for my one year check-up and to get the ball rolling for LTHR. I have bilateral hip dysplasia so knew at the...
  14. SimplyD

    THR Left hip- done and dusted

    Hi, @NoraJ I hear you on that settling at night! Hubby has been such a trooper through all of my shifting, tossing and turning. For whatever reason, the thing that helped my leg not get that restless feeling was to put a pillow under the leg that was operated on. It helped it stay where it was...
  15. SimplyD

    THR THR Oct 17

    Hi, @lexi for what it's worth, I had a spinal block plus sedation. My husband said that he was blown away when he saw me after the surgery and I was wide awake and talking. He expected to see my groggy and out of it. I felt fully alert with no headache or upset stomach. Wishing you a speedy...
Back
Top Bottom