Recent content by Sighreen

  1. S

    THR How much walking?

    WOW...what a difference 3 weeks can make! After a short stay (I did stay an extra day upon the advice of the physical therapists, and boy I am glad I did) I came home and my pain has been very manageable. I am a super lucky gal and had several friends and neighbors bring food, so my husband...
  2. S

    THR How much walking?

    Thanks @Layla , @hikejunkie , and @Jacey. I think I feel pretty good. My physical therapist is on the way as we speak. Luckily, my insurance is paying for in home PT so I have had a visit from a health care nurse this a.m. and am awaiting PT. I did forget to put my ice on this morning when I...
  3. S

    THR How much walking?

    I could not get a clear cut answer on how much was enough, but not too much walking after surgery? My doctor warned of over doing it. I am 3 days out from surgery and am feeling pretty good, but I don't want to have a set back. My pain is very manageable, too, which I am very happy about...
  4. S

    One day at a time...come on March 8th!

    Thanks @Layla ! I am home and all is going well! Boy, they want to kick you out of there quickly. My Physical Therapy team thought my pain should be under better control before I left, so I turned into my own advocate and insisted to the doctor that I stay another day. GREAT decision. One...
  5. S

    Southernlass is ready to roll on to a matched set!

    Tomorrow is my big day (March 8th) and honestly, I am kind of a hot mess. It has been very stressful preparing to be gone from work (I'm a high school counselor) plus trying to get things ready at home. Plus, I was in a minor fender bender (I was side swiped), so now I am also trying to deal...
  6. S

    One day at a time...come on March 8th!

    Thanks so much! I am just counting down the days. This forum has been a HUGE help and I appreciate all of the positive support. Sometimes when you find a forum it can all go bad! LOL! Glad I found a site with a solid foundation! Thanks again!
  7. S

    2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    @bottomshollow I will be having hip replacement on March 8th. I am counting down the days!:yes!:
  8. S

    One day at a time...come on March 8th!

    Thanks so much! It was nice to find this forum where everyone truly understands the struggle you are going through.
  9. S

    One day at a time...come on March 8th!

    I will be having AHR on March 8th. I am looking forward to a new hip, as I plan to retire in June! Please send me good vibes!:flwrysmile:
Back
Top Bottom