I am 4 weeks post op now! No osteoarthritis pain but muscle pain is really really uncomfortable :( i am hoping it is only a muscle pain. My skin is so tight at the top of my thigh and it feels like it is going to split. I haven't been doing too much either. I have tried to go upstairs with...
See above? which one of us is a moaner!!! You were great on your recovery I think.
I am going to go into office for half day next week. I am missing being in the office. [emoji19] but recovery comes first obviously!
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
This is my xray a day after the surgery. Does it look like if there was a problem? My leg lengthened about 5 cm. Massive difference. Would the lengthening cause thigh pain do you think? I am petite so my legs are slim but I doubt it is anything to do with me feeling it tight.
I am exactly 3...
How would I know if the stiffness on very top of my front thigh is due to stem problems or a part of healing? I can not put my weight on my operated leg on the stairs when I go upstairs :( it almost feels like stem is too tight at the femur head :(
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
My goodness! Mojo- I salute you. I am moaning a lot with a single replacement and you have done both OMG!! You are brave but well done. I have read 17 pages of your recovery post and will continue :)
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Haha you made me smile Mojo! You are right! It just feels strange! Every time I step I visualise my metal hip moving along with my leg. [emoji188][emoji188][emoji188]
I put ice on it last time and felt even tighter :( like it froze my leg :)
Do you know what I have realised, you have been...
I am feeling good today! Muscle is less sore and lump on my back under incision feels smaller! No pain! Yay!! I am walking without crutches at home.
But I still feel stiff at the top where femur head is. I feel like I am walking on my prosthesis. Is that normal?
Sent from my iPhone using...
Back from my gp! He said that my wound healed nicely and I can put weight on my leg without any problem is a good sign. He said that I am still in early stages of recovery. He didn't think that I have got Trochanteric bursitis! Lets see what will this week bring. There has always been...
I am waiting to see my gp in the waiting area!
I am hoping this upper thigh pain will go away! I almost feel like I am standing on my prothesis! It is a strange feeling[emoji19]
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Hi Tomgirl, my lower,mid thigh pain has gone now. (Thank god!) It is hard to believe at the beginning when everyone tells you it will all go away but they are right. I haven't been diagnosed with Trochanteric Bursitis yet. I have been reading a lot and decided that's what I think* I have :)
Are...
Sorry Jaycey, I feel like people can't see the question if it is in general recovery title. I will make sure I post on this one in the future
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Has anyone experienced Trochanteric bursitis after THR? I am not sure if I have to call my gp about it. I have got a small lump on my upper back where the femur head is. Also my top front muscle is really tight feels like a rock. Is this condition permanent? Is there anything I can do to treat...
Hi
Thank you. My leg feels better but I have got very hard lump on top of my thigh. Is it called trochanteric bursitis? How can it be treated? I have got my first PT tomorrow. I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.