Recent content by shotzie63

  1. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Hi Celle. Went to see the OS yesterday. Took xrays and he didn't see any damage to the knee Which is good! He is concerned that i am in so much pain and limping badly. I can't put too much weight on my injured knee/leg. He said he that there is obviously something wrong because it hurts...
  2. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Hi all! So 6 days ago my hubby and i went for our walk at the park and i was sitting on a bench resting. I went to stand up and Heard and Felt a loud Pop in my right knee!! To date my knee is pretty swollen and hurts to walk, limping, feels like something is catching and pulling inside my...
  3. shotzie63

    PKR Tired of pain

    Why are you going up stairs 2 wks post op? Im almost 4 wks out and can barely manage 3 steps to my front door.
  4. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Braunzie. Thanks for your kind words. I was just about 20 minutes ago that I broke down crying in frustration because I can barely bend my damn knee almost 4 wks out from surgery. I am deathly afraid of out patient therapy. I know its gonna be painful because they're going to try to get it...
  5. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Morning all!! Thanks for your tips! Yes my OS said that once the strips start to fall off I can apply neo, or vitamin e oil as long as there are no small openings along the incision. So. Yesterday was my last home visit with my physical therapist Darin and it was a unsuccessful visit...
  6. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Week 3 Update. Seen my OS on Weds and he says that my incision is healing beautifully and it is expected that I am still feeling stiffness. Says to keep doing my home exercises and stretching. He ordered my CPM machine and as of right now the medical group is reviewing the request. I...
  7. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Im not sure if I am allowed to post more than 1x, but here it goes. My RTKR was Aug 18th and I know that everyone heals differently, but I am still suffering with stiffness in my knee. My pain is about a 5 so thats ok. I've been icing and elevating, but still cannot bend my knee. I am...
  8. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    WooooHoooo!!! Staples have just been removed!!! Ok ok..it pinched a little bit. Lol.
  9. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Jamie. An ultra sound was done on day 3 while still at the hospital. They said it looked normal. I will definitely have the dr clarify for me if I have a hematoma or clot. Im with you. I think it's a hematoma. I just need an answer as to why my knee is still so swollen and why im...
  10. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Monday update. Had a visit from a new home care nurse and after talking a bit about my visit with the dr last Thursday and him saying I possibly have a clot. She tells me to Stop icing and only put heat on my knee. that icing will only keep my knee stiff and will not help with the swelling...
  11. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Mla925. Im such a big sissy that im freaking myself out thinking about the pain lol. Some of the staples are in there really tight and I know those will hurt most, since I think he'll have to kinda dig to get them out. Im asking for some kind of numbing in that area.
  12. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Dearjr. He did try to drain fluid from my knee and a small amount of blood came out. He was hoping more blood would come out but said that I may have a big clot we'll see that happens tuesday. The swelling is pretty bad and if I run my hand down the right side of my calf (Same side of...
  13. shotzie63

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Coming up on 2 weeks since surgery and I wish I was doing better. My knee is still swollen on the right side of the incision, has a dark color to it and very tender to the touch still! I am having the staples taken out Tuesday and scared of having more pain inflicted on my poor knee. I was...
  14. shotzie63

    TKR Lala's Recovery Thread

    :flwrysmile:
  15. shotzie63

    TKR Lala's Recovery Thread

    Hi LaLa ! Im right there with ya regarding the pain. My TKR was last Tuesday and am struggling with pain too I am icing icing icing and elevating my poor right knee. I am also doing some of the exercises they gave me to do at home. There are some I cannot do at all. I too felt that I could...
Back
Top Bottom