Recent content by Shires

  1. S

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    I also went to the ER with these exact symptoms and they reprimanded for coming to the ER when it wasn't an emergency! However, they did do blood work to be sure I didn't have an infection and they also did an Ultrasound because right after my TKR, I developed a deep vein thrombosis. No clot or...
  2. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    Hello everyone, I've been away for a while. I have been diagnosed with hemarthrosis (bleeding into the knee joint) after TKR. It's a rare complication and I'm wondering if anyone here has ever had that happen to them. I'm hoping to hear from people who did go through that but recovered and hear...
  3. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    I have been off Eliquis since early January. I will look carefully at my meds but I don’t think so. I take a daily baby aspirin but I doubt that would be the problem.
  4. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    Thanks everyone for your replies. I have tried several times to communicate to the surgeon who did my knee replacement about what has been going on. I feel like he isn’t taking me seriously. After seeing him twice, sending multiple messages and following his recommendation to rest and ice which...
  5. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    Hi all, I warn you this is long. First, let me give a short history. I had a TKR of left knee last Sept. 15, 23. A few days later I had a deep vein thrombosis and PE. I was put on Eliquis for 4 months and the clot disappeared. Overall, I was doing well with TKR recovery until 7 weeks ago. I...
  6. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    Thanks, both of you for responding. Mendogal, I will back off. It can really be confusing, especially if you overdo it so much that it takes 4 or 5 days to recover and then during that period, something happens were you have to be very active in terms of walking, etc. It's hard to tell what is...
  7. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    Hello all, I've been away for quite a while as other family members have had serious health problems and I also was out of commission for 3 weeks with covid. Tomorrow, I will be 20 weeks post-op from left TKR. Overall, I think I've done very well with my knees. I've completely recovered from a...
  8. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    Just wondering if we could change my thread title to Shires' LTKR and DVT Recovery. Thanks.
  9. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    I'm 6 weeks post-op now. I still have a good bit of swelling and I'm not sure if it's from the DVT or the surgery itself. One thing that bothers me is that sometimes my leg from the knee down including shin and sides of leg and knee will feel very tender and achy. I'm not supposed to massage my...
  10. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    I have this worry that I won't ever recover from my LTKR done on Sept. 15. Mostly, it's because of pain, stiffness and soreness and not really having any idea of what is normal. I developed a DVT and blood clots in my lungs a few days after surgery. That in itself was very traumatic and threw...
  11. S

    TKR Mystikfairy's RTKR August 21

    I've read through all your posts and they have been very helpful to me. My TLKR was Sept. 15 so you are just a few weeks ahead of me. The main thing I saw was that it was OK for me to relax a bit and trust my body. Like a sermon droning in my ear, over and over again I have heard what flexion or...
  12. S

    TKR Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Replacement

    Hi all, Went to my first post-op appointment yesterday (13 days po) for total left knee replacement and x-rays were made. My Surgeon seemed satisfied with the way things were going according to the X-rays but when I got home I looked at his notes. For notes, see below. Is a, "reasonable...
  13. S

    TKR Questions about metal allergies and implants

    Hi Hairxtrordanair, do you know the model of Smith and Nephew Oxinium you received? That information might be very helpful for me. I've read patients get a card detailing the type of implant they received after surgery. Thank you.
  14. S

    TKR Questions about metal allergies and implants

    Thank you LoveToCookAndSew. It's hard to know in these cases which came first, the chicken or the egg. It does seem to me though, if the implant a person gets is hypoallergenic, then that's one less thing to worry about. The implant the surgeon wants to give me is a Smith and Nephew. I'm not...
  15. S

    TKR Questions about metal allergies and implants

    Thank you Hairxtrordanair. That was very helpful.
Back
Top Bottom