Recent content by Shewolf38

  1. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    Another update!! Still doing great. I am pushing myself to do more and more as time goes on. I got down on my hands and knees to look under our bed on the 4th of July, because we couldn't find our dog. (she was hiding in another bedroom). But I was down and back up with NO PAIN at all...
  2. Shewolf38

    TKR Things to know before surgery

    The baskets are a MUST. I put my meds, baby wipes, washcloth, among other things it them for easy reach. I also suggest getting a leg lifter. I used my dog's leash. I had a long one, so I folded it in half and put it around my foot to assist with lifting my leg up onto the couch/bed and to...
  3. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    over 8 months PO and I can do almost everything that I did before my surgery. I have lost over 25 pounds because I can move around so much more!! I am gardening, vacuuming, climbing in/out of my husbands jacked up pickup, and today I needed to plug something in under my desk, and without even...
  4. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    I’m officially 6 months PO. I still get stiffness and a bit of pain but only if I step in a hole or somehow slip in the snow. I would do this again in a heartbeat
  5. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    15 weeks PO. Still a bit of stiffness and some minor pain and swelling. More pain at night while sleeping and less when walking and standing. If I sit for too long I have some pain and stiffness. All of this is so much less than before my surgery. I would do this again in a heartbeat. I...
  6. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    What a great week! I went to a work Christmas gathering and a friend who hasn’t seen me since my surgery stopped me and said “you aren’t even limping!” I was a bit surprised because I seriously forgot that I’d even had a knee replacement! I’m so happy to be able to get on with living my best...
  7. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    I’m 15 weeks PO on Thursday. I just went to another post op appointment with my surgeon. More x-rays just to be sure, I asked when do I need to schedule my next appointment and he said.......5 years!! I’m finally released for my right knee!! My doctor said that he would see me for my left...
  8. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    15 weeks PO. I’m getting better every day. Doing a lot more walking around than I’ve done in the past couple years! I was surprised by zingers last night but my knee feels more loose and not as stiff as it has been. I’m thinking that by pushing myself to do a lot of walking is helping to...
  9. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    My first day back to work. 10 hours 11/21/19. I walked and was on my feet more than I have been in over a year. Mild pain and some swelling and stiffness. Elevated and iced when I got home. I was completely exhausted and fell asleep about an hour after I got home, but what a great feeling to...
  10. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    Holy smokes. I go back to work in two days. In the beginning of my journey, it 12 weeks seemed so far away! Now I’m walking around with minimal to no pain, still get a bit stiff and swollen, but definitely have turned the corner. I still get woken up by zingers, and other random pain but I...
  11. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    Now I’m 10.5 weeks PO. I can’t believe the difference in how I feel! My knee still wakes me up with pain and stiffness, but once I’m up and around, the difference is nothing short of amazing. I knew that I would feel better, but I’m doing things that I couldn’t do for months before my surgery...
  12. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    I’m exactly 9 weeks PO. I’ve been released to go back to work on November 20. I learned that I will have random pain off and on due to my knee healing in different spots at different times. Now it’s under my kneecap. Nothing that I can’t tolerate but different. Some days I still need my...
  13. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    Wowsa. I drove myself about 4 hours on Tuesday, rode with my son for about 2 1/2 hours to run an errand on Friday and today, Saturday, I rode with my husband about 4 hours to run another errand. I had to take a nap and ice my knee, as well as use a heating pad on my calf when we got home. I...
  14. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    10/25. 8 weeks PO! I can’t believe the difference between now and how much pain I was in before my surgery and the first couple weeks after. I would do this again in a heartbeat!! I still struggle off and on with swelling and stiffness after overuse but other than that no issues.
  15. Shewolf38

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    Thank you so much! I can’t get into my doctor until Monday.
Back
Top Bottom