Recent content by sherreern

  1. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    3 weeks post op. Still feels tight and numb. Is this normal? LTKR 9/30/2014
  2. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    Definitely will. Thanks. LTKR 9/30/2014
  3. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    Thanks for the advice. I guess as a nurse I think I should be doing more. I have to let go rest more although it seems like that is all I do. I will adjust my exercise regimen in hopes to decrease the swelling. Rest, ice, elevate! I will also have my husband and my daughter watch the...
  4. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    My extension is 0 to -2 degrees. My flexion is 90-95 degrees. I did get to 96 degrees on last measurement with PT on Friday. My ROM exercises include: Ankle/ calf pumps 10x hr while awake Quad sets 10 x he while awake Gluteal sets 10x hr while awake Heel slides 10 x for 3 x day Straight...
  5. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    My pain medication is Percocet 5/325 2 tab every 6 hours 600mg ibuprofen every 4 hours and sometimes I supplement with 1000mg Tylenol. My pain upon waking in the am is probably 7-7/10. During day pain is 0-4 most of the time. I ice for 15 min about every hour while I am awake. Elevate...
  6. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    Had my 2 week post op appointment today with OS. Seems to be pleased with progress. I am not as pleased of my ROM extension is great but flexion of knee still at 90 degrees and painful to do. OS mentioned MUA might be needed but probably not as he says my progress is right on for him. I hope I...
  7. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    Question? When are you able to step up to use of a cane and then without assistive device? My Physical Therapist says he will instruct me when it is the right time. Is that the usual protocol that PT determines timeline in assistive devices? Also, is it scary to let go of wheeled walker and...
  8. sherreern

    TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

    This forum is great! Good luck tomorrow! LTKR 9/30/2014
  9. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    Wow you have had hip and knee replacements as well? Poor thing. As a nurse I didn't expect the recovery and pain to be like this. Yes my daughter has her moments. I do not need the stress I have told her the way it is to be so we will see. She did not work or attend college (that's why she...
  10. sherreern

    Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

    I had a LTKR on Sept. 30. My hospital was a 2 hour drive. Please try and stop every hour to get up and walk around for a few minutes. You do not want to get a blood clot. Pain will be an issue that is for sure. No "good" pain med until was home and the prescription was filled by the...
  11. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    I am so glad to finally add ibuprofen to my pain management regiment. I was not allowed NSAID's as I was taking Xarelto until yesterday. I took 2 Percocets 5/325 at 10pm last night woke up around 2:30 am and took some ibuprofen and slept till 6:30 am. I rated my pain this am @ 7:30am at...
  12. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    Very interesting and thank you for the information. I have felt pain behind the knee sometimes as I sat up at the table for morning coffee too long. I always get up hourly and walk plus do gentle exercises ( ankle pumps etc.). I was able to have a wheelchair with legs and was able to prop up...
  13. sherreern

    TKR For Avascular Necrosis

    I would like to know how soon is too soon to go out and about for awhile. There is an outdoor concert this evening in which my husband and a few friends want to attend. My husband has gotten me a wheelchair so I do not have to walk very far. If I become too tired or have to much pain he is...
Back
Top Bottom