Recent content by Sheperdess

  1. Sheperdess

    THR Unsure how to proceed

    As my doctor told me when I was waffling, it's only going to get worse and having it done when you are healthy is much better than waiting snd then perhaps dealing with other issues also.
  2. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    4 wks and I'm getting around pretty good. Went to the grocery store yesterday and walked around shopping. Really appreciated the shopping cart!
  3. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    Thank you all! All fur babies are okay, thank goodness! And I am certainly dialing it back -just sitting with ice and anti-inflammatory meds. My hip does feel much better today so I'm getting there. Thanks for all your help. You do a wonderful job keeping us on track!
  4. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    Thank you, Layla. I've been very careful with my hip until the last 2 days. Both events were extreme emergencies and since we live in the country there aren't people around to immediately help. That said, I'm feeling pretty good tonight and will spend the next few days resting and icing and back...
  5. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    I know I've overdone it as 2 days ago we had a sick goat and although my husband held her while i gave her shots and medication, it still was pretty physical. And then yesterday we had to make an emergency dash to our vet because our dog ate grapes (very poisonous for dogs). I had to pour...
  6. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    Now at 4 weeks and still have hip soreness when I first stand and begin to walk. It seems I've regressed a bit because walking is still painful. Seems like progress was fast the first 3 weeks but now I'm dealing with soreness more than usual.
  7. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    Would you please change my thread's title to "Shari's journey"
  8. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    Yep, overdid it and now sitting and icing. But at least I know that soon I will be up and about.
  9. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    Day 12. Started taking a few steps around the house without my walker and then suddenly found myself walking with only muscle soreness. Was amazing! Icing tonight and taking it easy tomorrow but wow, just wow. Thank you science!
  10. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    That's a great idea. Will do!
  11. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    I did make dinner tonight. Simple shrimp tacos but how nice to be in the kitchen again.
  12. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    You are right. I spent the day sleeping so took it easy.
  13. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    Day 10. Actually folded clothes and put in a small load of laundry. I can easily get around with my walker and have taken first steps with trekking poles. Woohoo! Pain is very manageable and I'm pretty much off opioids. Newest issue is sleeping on my nonoperated side. Tried it with a body pillow...
  14. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    What a difference a week makes! Still sore but now manageable with tylenol. I'm getting around using walker and trekking poles. No pain in hip joint other than muscle pain. After the first three days I would never have imagined I would feel this good. I know there is a ways to go and am...
  15. Sheperdess

    THR Shari's Journey

    So true!
Back
Top Bottom