Recent content by Shenick

  1. S

    Bilateral THR Happy Birthday Hips!

    Hi all, I haven't visited for some time but wanted to acknowledge the support I got from this site during the first months of my recovery journey. It was so helpful and all the stories and common worries and problems shared was such a comfort through the rocky bits. My new hips are now so good...
  2. S

    THR 19 months later and still struggling

    Hi @Ktululady Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your progress. I hope it will help to you know that I am in exactly the same position. I recovered well at first but now find I have very little strength in my leg muscles particularly adductors and glutes. I am now almost 5 months post op and...
  3. S

    Bilateral THR 2 shiny new hips for me

    Welcome @Clarice and congratulations on joining the bilaterals! The early days after surgery are tough and I think you need patience (still finding that hard at times!). Best wishes for a good recovery and hope that you get back to the horses as soon as possible.
  4. S

    THR 4 months groin pain

    Hi @ericson1998 , So sorry to hear you have so much pain. I am four months out from my surgery and in the last two or three weeks I have experienced discomfort when walking any distance in spite of having seen ongoing progress up till now. I had started some specific PT to correct gait with a...
  5. S

    THR Illiopsoas tendonitis and bursitis

    Hi @Butterfly77 So sorry you are having a hard time at the moment but I know this site has really helped me so you are def in the right place. I will be four months post op at the end of this month and my recovery slowed down at about 8 weeks. I too am still struggling with weakness and some...
  6. S

    Bilateral THR Happy Birthday Hips!

    Thank you @NightQuilter , its lovely to hear that your hips are still serving you so well. Off to the PT for some advice on 'gentle' exercise now and really grateful for the advice and support as always!
  7. S

    Bilateral THR Happy Birthday Hips!

    Thank you so much for your support and for making me feel better about my progress. I think now that I probably walked a bit too often and a bit too far while on holidays! I am going to PT tomorrow and hoping to get advice on exercises to improve things and some advice on how I should be...
  8. S

    Bilateral THR Happy Birthday Hips!

    Thank you so much for remembering my three month mark Layla! I returned from France last week. The trip was enjoyable but temperatures were high even in the north and I am not a lover of intense heat! I did lots of walking and slightly increased my distances without any real difficulty. However...
  9. S

    THR How were you at 4 weeks post op? (Anterior THR)

    Hi, Well done on your recovery so far! I know I hit that same wall at about five weeks and after progressing at speed I started to notice no change in my discomfort or ease of walking from day to day. Certainly true that others move on and assume you are doing great ....time moves faster for...
  10. S

    Bilateral THR Just had bilateral THR

    Well done and good luck with your return to work. Take lots of rest though , I found returning harder than expected at first and people forget that you are still in recovery!
  11. S

    THR Day 11 post op

    I only saw your posts about your lung now - so sorry (they seemed to be hidden for me) Really hope your are ok.
  12. S

    THR Day 11 post op

    Hi, I did swim at seven weeks, well moved about in the water really and have been continuing with this. I mainly swim in the sea. However, my OS and the clinic nurse both checked the wounds when I asked about swimming so I imagine with different healing times for everyone it would be wiser to be...
  13. S

    Bilateral THR Happy Birthday Hips!

    I love your idea of preparing your new hips for hiking by walking in a field....my balance on uneven ground could certainly do with some work. Also looking at your shadow for signs of limping is very creative, the idea might get me out earlier in the morning - although the Irish sun can be hard...
  14. S

    Bilateral THR Happy Birthday Hips!

    Thank you! I hope to being enjoying a walk soon... I am going to France in four weeks time where my brother has a house in a very rural part of Brittany. The walking trails are the main attraction so just hoping I can at least venture some way into the countryside by then. The idea of being...
  15. S

    Bilateral THR Happy Birthday Hips!

    Hi @Mojo333 Thank you for your advice. I have slowed down a lot over the last week as I had no choice with swelling and tightness. Hopefully I can be patient as you say and enjoy the water without being too active, It is really the walking which frustrates me - being happy to go for a walk...
Back
Top Bottom