Recent content by Sheila-Seattle

  1. Sheila-Seattle

    THR Osteoporosis

    Just saw this so late to the game...but wanted to share my own experience which is document on my blog at https://s2cycle.com/sheila/osteoporosis/ Short version is I had osteoporosis when I broke my hip in 2013 and started taking a natural and balanced supplement program and walking 10K steps...
  2. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    So here's what I just wrote to the Rheumatologist. Don't know when/if he'll respond: I've been reading all day and have some questions. I'm looking into getting a second opinion. Not that I don't trust you but this is a big decision for me. I feel like if I knew for sure I really have RA I'd...
  3. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    @Jamie @Pumpkin Thanks...I'm just back from a two week cycling trip on the tandem around Nova Scotia. Here's a link to that journal: https://s2cycle.com/2022-trips/nova-scotia-journal/ and the reason I haven't responded sooner. Actually I don't seem to be notified of posts so I should check...
  4. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    Thanks for checking in. I didn't see this until now. We've been away cycling. We left on the last day of the Prednisone and it helped miraculously. HOWEVER, two weeks later I started having some hand symptoms AGAIN. No hives anymore. And not as bad as before. Sort of "break through" episodes. I...
  5. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    Thanks. Turns out it's good I couldn't get last night. I've never taken prednisone but they say it can make you hyper and to take first thing in the morning. I took my first does of 4 about 7 hours ago. No magic yet. But I slept like a baby last night, between exhaustion and benedryl! I'm now...
  6. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    Thanks. I can't get the RX until the morning. in the meantime I can barely move my fingers.
  7. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    latest update from MD: The lab results are back showing that you do have a significant level of inflammation which the rheumatologist thought could be what is called an inflammatory arthritis. She did recommend prednisone which I am sending to the pharmacy. If your symptoms do not go away...
  8. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    Morning greetings. It was a difficult night. The right wrist swelling never went down from yesterday's ride and I've had tingling a lot of the time since. I didn't sleep well at all. Laid on my back (not my preferred position) to be sure I didn't lay on my hand. I woke up yesterday with it...
  9. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    Thank you all for your responses. @Jamie the rash is mostly gone before this started though I still think there could be some correlation as they're both inflammatory. I have a 9 AM video consult w/ MD tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get more complete information. Will report back. I did ride today...
  10. Sheila-Seattle

    Hand New developments

    I had my THR-R on Jan 6, 2021! The BoneSmart forums were a huge support to me back then. I just realized I should check to see you there was a place to get support for my latest issue...and here you are! I'm an active nearly 73 yo who rides a tandem bicycle a lot. I wear cycling gloves and it's...
  11. Sheila-Seattle

    THR Sheila-Seattle's Recovery Story

    Happy Holidays Hippies. I have a question I'm hoping someone might know about. My THR was on the right. A few years back I had issues with my left glute medius. It's starting up again but still mild. I'm going in to see a PT. But yesterday I remembered how when I was learning to walk without a...
  12. Sheila-Seattle

    THR Sheila-Seattle's Recovery Story

    Long time - no see! We just got back from a week of cycling in Southern Utah. I thought I'd share the blog post for those who are interested. It includes lots of photos. I've attached one of us at the summit of the 66 mile day and one of me hiking in Bryce Canyon...
  13. Sheila-Seattle

    THR Sheila-Seattle's Recovery Story

    @DancerHips I love y our user name! Glad my report was helpful. I'm not here often anymore. But yes, that IS the beauty of a user forum. It's helped me a lot of the 7+ months. @Layla and anyone else - I'm curious now that I'm feeling relatively normal, does one continue to do all or some select...
  14. Sheila-Seattle

    THR Sheila-Seattle's Recovery Story

    Wow it's been 2 months since I've posted and I'm past my 6 month from surgery! I've been busy being active! YAY! Since April 1 we've been building up our cycling by adding progressively longer and hillier routes. Longest ride to date is 50 miles. We have 850 miles on my new hip and our new...
  15. Sheila-Seattle

    THR Sheila-Seattle's Recovery Story

    Recovery continues to be a roller coaster. We had a wonderful FLAT 25 mile ride in the tulips on the 21st. Unfortunately that was the last time on the tandem for the time being. Fortunately the gorgeous weather has switched back to the more typical cool, gray and often damp. My groin pain hasn't...
Back
Top Bottom