Recent content by Shea

  1. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    Thank you very much, you ladies have been splendid.
  2. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    Hi Benne, thanks for asking. I did figure out something that takes knee pain completely off one’s mind…get something far worse. In the hospital now for the second time and hoping to get some relief.
  3. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    @Layla, I loved your empathetic post, you’re really good at those. And thank you for correcting my spelling of icing, neither looked right last night, and spell correct was nowhere to be found. I do think the two major surgeries in a year have had an impact on the rest of my body and brain, as...
  4. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    @Jamie Thank you, I’ve got a good plan now. And probably a knee that’s a lot less achy than it has been. I’ve been giving myself zingers and sharp pains out of the blue. @Layla, I love your words of encouragement. One comforting thought is that one of the ladies will be 3 1/2 months out from...
  5. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    @Jamie Thanks, I know what to do now. Oh no, only one exercise set every four days. Slowly, but surely…
  6. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    @benne68 Thank you. That’s the answer I was looking for and both you and Jamie gave me that reassurance. I especially like the last part where I’m going to be just fine. :bath:
  7. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    OK, that matches my opinion, don’t push through pain. Thanks. I keep walking a little further each time, because I’m walking faster, but it’s about 15-20 minutes each time. My knee allows me to walk once every four days or so. Swimming is actually just me floating on a noodle and gently moving...
  8. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    I’ve been wondering and worrying about a problem I’m having. At 4 1/2 months postop, I’m still getting sharp pains and aches in my knee when I try to walk or swim more than one day at a time. The ODIC pain lasts for four or five days and I haven’t been pushing it when it hurts that badly...
  9. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    Thanks for the illustration, @Jockette. I’ve been looking all over for something like that. I noticed the stick figure had his heel up. I thought that was cheating. I may end up baring some leg and keeping my heel up because I swear I’m at least 140. smile
  10. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    Thanks @Layla. Woo wee! Look at my bend! It’s a wonderful surprise I discovered a few days ago. I wrote a book for last year‘s three month anniversary for my LTKR and I could write the same thing this year; Except that my ROM measurements are far superior because I didn’t do PT. The first...
  11. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    @Jamie I wanted to give you a favorable follow up after I tried your suggestions. I iced and elevated my knee and heated my hip for most of the day yesterday. Then I loaded up on OTC meds before I went to bed and I know I slept on my side for a lot of the night. Apparently I’m asleep enough to...
  12. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    @Jockette. I am a poster child for the bonesmart way. When I get both knees fully operational I’ll be able to do some decent exercises that will probably increase my ROM. I know the window of opportunity is very wrong, but I’m having trouble finding treatment personnel who also believe that. In...
  13. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    Thanks, @Jamie. My practice sessions only last 30 seconds or so until I have to back off. I will definitely follow your other suggestions. For the last week or so, the pain is not in my knee so much as my sciatic nerve, so I’m gonna need to work on that to get improvement. Unfortunately, I...
  14. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    Thank you @Pumpkin. PT Failure x 2. My second physical therapist and surgeon colluded to decide that nothing short of NFL rehab treatment would get me past my meager 87° bend. I don’t believe either one of them have been educated in gentle stretches, etc. and the three month window of...
  15. Shea

    TKR PT Failure

    I’m curious about when other people were able to sleep on their sides after a TKR. I don’t remember the first knee taking this long, but I can’t manage it yet. A newly discovered sciatic nerve on my surgical knee side is slowing things down. I’ve tried pillows in every conceivable place, but no go.
Back
Top Bottom