Recent content by Shanny63

  1. Shanny63

    Having TKR on 9th of Feb and I’m terrified

    Thank you everyone for your supportive comments, i saw my psychologist this morning and he did a meditation recording for me to listen to twice a day, i told him i was going to cancel...he said its my anxiety that is fueling this and i just have to do it, i also spoke to a friend of mine who has...
  2. Shanny63

    Finding surgeon who will do my knee replacements

    Hi Josephine, my BMI is 40 so I’m in a similar position to you, but I’m terrified of having surgery. I’m meant to have surgery on the 9th and I’m getting cold feet. I keep thinking that I should put the surgery off until I drop more weight but it's so hard. I am like you, I don't have one good...
  3. Shanny63

    Having TKR on 9th of Feb and I’m terrified

    Hi everyone. I’m so scared. I’m due to have my knee replaced next Friday the 9th. I’m 110kilos and I should be 80 kilos so I’m 30 kilos overweight. I’m terrified that something is going to go wrong. My right knee doesn't straighten all the way out as I have IT band issues and some hip issues...
  4. Shanny63

    Having TKR on 9th of Feb and I’m terrified

    Thank you all for your replies. I feel like you all are the only ones who understands what I’m going through. My husband just says well cancel put up with it. Everyday the pain gets worse or it's a new pain and the more I push myself to exercise to drop weight the more pain I experience...
  5. Shanny63

    Having TKR on 9th of Feb and I’m terrified

    My orthopaedic surgeon won't do bilateral knee replacements because I have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (a heart condition) and he wants to do the surgery with a spinal anaesthetic instead of a general which means only one knee at a time. Today I almost rang and cancelled. I’m not in a good...
  6. Shanny63

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    your not alone I'm the 9th, but as my orthopaedic surgeon said if you weren't anxious at all you would be very weird
  7. Shanny63

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    February the 9th for me, :sos::yikes:
  8. Shanny63

    Having TKR on 9th of Feb and I’m terrified

    Hi there, I hope your surgery is a wonderful success. Please let me know how you go. Yes it's hard when both knees are not good. I also worry how it will affect my recovery. Maybe your new knee will take on the burden! Ii will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Thank you so much for...
  9. Shanny63

    Having TKR on 9th of Feb and I’m terrified

    Hello everyone, I have bilateral end stage osteoarthritis. I am 30 kilos overweight and have been sticking to eating well to try and drop weight because I need this surgery. Dr is willing to do one knee at a time and I’m praying my left knee will hold up until I can get it done. I’m terrified...
Back
Top Bottom