As far as the PT DR, he said if he didnt force my knee I would not get any more extention or flex. Well, 115 and zero is better than I have had in 10 years so if he felt like causing me to be in pain for a week was worth getting any extra 5% before my "window" closed, the I had to strongly...
So here I am, 6 weeks in. I am back to working full time. Going to the gym. Doing everything I used to do but better and with less pain. No real need even for ice, elevation, or medication anymore except for maybe after riding an excercise bike. Pain ranges from zero to one 95% of the time. 3...
First day back to work yesterday and it was great. I was as close to pain free as I have ever been , walking better than I have ever walked,and going up and down steps easier than I ever have. It was a slow day so I didn’t do much. I was able to ice a couple times but couldn’t really find a way...
Thanks for the tips ! I see my surgeon today and am hoping to get released to return to work. I wish I had the luxury of being able to stay home for 3 months or more to take my time with recovery but I just don’t. If my knee wasn’t healing so quickly I wouldn’t have a choice so I feel very...
So, My first trip to the grocery store a couple days ago went well. I did use the little electric cart. I did not know I could get a handicapped deal for my truck so I just walked. Forward to today, I went to the store again and just walked with a regular cart. Not a full trip mind you, just a...
I want to go to the grocery store. The store is about a mile from my house, and they have these electric carts for handicapped or injured people I could use. I do all of the cooking and grocery shopping in my family and it is about that time. I stocked up before my surgery but we are running...
I can second the wedge pillow. I bought one the same shape but made of foam. Beats having to keep repositioning pillows and picking them up off the floor. Much more comfortable too.
Hang in there James. For me, I have found that ice and elevation is magic. And I don’t elevate to a point where it is painful. I find a spot that is as high as I can get it without hurting, and if I have to bend my knee a bit to get comfortable then I do. I bought one of those ice coolers off...
Thanks for sharing your recovery story. It is very simular to mine. I even have an hour drive to work. I had hoped to return to work at the beginning of week 4 or 5 at the most. I have been working a few hours a day from home for the last week but had not considered alternating working from home...
Ok everyone. Here is an update on my pain level. I drove my self to the Dr today and by the time I got home it was probably a 3 hour trip. I did the same thing Monday and Tuesday for different appointments not directly related to my knee. Right now my leg hurts pretty bad. It is a little deep in...
My PT came to the house yesterday and made do this thing where I laid on my stomach with my leg with the new knee hanging off the bed from about mid thigh down. From there you just let gravity go to work. I did 4reps for 30seconds each and on the last one he pushed down a little. It was by far...
Thank you for the info. Will definitely go with Tylenol. As far as the knee hardware and the iffy ACL, sacrificing, and preserving, it sounds like the sacrificing one would sacrifice the ACL which may be what I was referring to. I need to google it :)
Thanks again.
So I just got back from my trip to the Dr. The driving didn’t bother me but I did just spend the last two hours and fifteen minutes without elevating my leg and my body is telling me I need to ice, elevate,and take it easy the rest of the day.
I can tell you that I went down a stairwell from...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.