Recent content by shaken75

  1. shaken75

    TKR So glad the knee is in!

    I am glad you got to go to your brew pub! My first outings were going out to eat and I also found them to be just right - a small amount of mild activity, getting outdoors, yet being off your feet and able to elevate most of the time. And of course, hearing about your PT is wonderful news...
  2. shaken75

    Revision TKR Great advice

    Welcome, Pixie472! I hope this site helps you as much as it has helped me. Read everything that is suggested to you (if you haven't already) - the articles are concise and very helpful. While it is too bad that you had to go back to work, hopefully you can find ways to rest, ice, and elevate...
  3. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    I understand, @Josephine. Everything being so well organized is part of why this site is appealing and easy to use. I hope it is ok for me to copy recent posts from that thread over here in case others wish to continue replying: ========================================= Clipped from...
  4. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    Thank you both! Yes, @Celle, it is already in the works. The post-op depression was under control but after the incident with my physical therapist, it became immediately clear that I needed professional help.
  5. shaken75

    Depression/post-op blues

    Thank you both. @jarabas and I are in touch via pm now but for the benefit of others, I will add props for EMDR treatment for PTSD. Even just a couple sessions helped more than I can describe. "Startle response" is a term I had not heard and I am so glad you mentioned it because it was an issue...
  6. shaken75

    Depression/post-op blues

    My mind is still in a very bad place after being assaulted (it still feels strange to call it that but it is true) by my physical therapist a month ago. I drove to Atlanta to seek treatment from a wonderful clinical psychologist I used to see, but cannot find a similar professional where I live...
  7. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    After my "month off" from physical therapy, I had a follow-up appointment with my OS yesterday. He had nothing but good news! He is pleased with my increased ROM and the decrease in muscle atrophy, which was very noticeable last visit. He also said my ACL feels solid as a rock. My mind is not...
  8. shaken75

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Despite having a different operation, I am also in the phase where weird pains come and go. My excellent OS did not seem concerned and said my ACL feels solid as a rock! That being said, it can be difficult for a patient to determine how serious a problem each pain reflects. When in doubt, I...
  9. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    I called and the nurse did not make it sound unusual. She said it may just be overuse and to take a rest day. If it is actual damage, there is nothing they could do right now about it anyhow. There was less pain today at least. Back to it tomorrow...
  10. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    Thanks, kneeper. The knee was doing very well until today. I woke with what seemed like a small ache this morning and took it easy...but not easy enough. It turned into a sharp pain this evening and seems to be related to my toes when I walk. It happens more when my knee bends and I am...
  11. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    I just want to offer a quick update. I had my Dr. appt. Tuesday. They were receptive and supportive. I am out of PT and on my own for the next four weeks and I am okay with that now that I feel like I know how to properly work and rehab the injury. And if my progress is not good enough in...
  12. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    Yes, it feels more ptsd than blues. But (thankfully) I feel as though I have kicked into an automatic repair mode of sorts. I feel very detached but yet I am performing a high standard of self-care. I have reached out to a great therapist from my past and while I can't say I "feel hope," it...
  13. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    I am on the couch, leg properly elevated, with my cold water pump on and it feels great. I caught myself sitting when I could be lying down so I corrected it. I was stiff, sore, and swollen right after the incident and ever since, so I am going to take it easy today, work some GENTLE range of...
  14. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    This all sounds like what I knew about my body all along. I can't believe I let myself buy into something that felt inherently destructive just through trust of her reputation and references. I have an athletic background - I bet I already know what to do for treatment; I just thought she knew...
  15. shaken75

    Shaken75 Recovery ACL Replacement 12/9/15

    (From another post) An MUA is Manipulation Under Anaesthetic. Seriously? Has she been doing a procedure on me that normally requires anesthesia?
Back
Top Bottom