Recent content by Sgherzi67

  1. S

    THR Leg pain after hip replacement

    Hi Had Lt total hip replacement with leg lengthening and repair of dysplasia September 20. Still using cane; walking some around the house but still have a limp; but no pain! My ortho surgeon says not to worry because of the complexity of my surgery walking unassisted may take more time. He also...
  2. S

    THR Leg pain after hip replacement

    Hi all…my hip recovery is going great! My home PT cleared me to use just a cane inside the house. Starting to walk some on my own; still have a limp but I was told by PT it can take about 3 months for thst to totally go away. I had a lot of repair: surgeon had to carve out a deeper area in my...
  3. S

    THR Ryan's Hip Recovery

    Holly; Yes I too have spinal issues: scoliosis upper spine; some degenerative disc disease and also spinal stenosis but my ortho dr didn’t seem concerned. I have zero back pain and zero bilateral knee pain which I had before surgery. I just want to get off the walker.
  4. S

    THR Ryan's Hip Recovery

    I’m just like Hilly. Had my left hip replaced 9/20 due to severe bone on bone osteoarthritis including hip dysplasia and leg length discrepancy. My dr used the MAKO robotic arm but not the anterior thigh incision. Night after surgery my pain was severe: 12/10. Finally the nurse gave me 10mg...
  5. S

    THR Leg pain after hip replacement

    Hi Holly! Yes I had same issues as you did! Osteoarthritis; hip dysplasia, and he lengthened my left leg by 1.0cm. Found out the shin splints were from the abduction pillow being too tight post surgery! Once I was able to sit up and hang my legs over the side of the bed the pain in my leg went...
  6. S

    THR Leg pain after hip replacement

    oh no not in the soft tissue at all! It’s along the bone in the lower leg. Like shin splints but all the way up and down that bone.
  7. S

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Hi YogaLesley! I just had hip replacement 17 hours ago and same lower leg pain as you have. Dr had to fix dysplasia and lengthen my left leg about 1cm. Have lots of pain in that lower leg feels like shin splints entire let. Have to get up with therapy this morning and walk 100 feet so I can go...
  8. S

    THR Leg pain after hip replacement

    Left hip was replaced along with repairing dysplasia.
  9. S

    THR Leg pain after hip replacement

    Hi I’m super new to this wonderful site. Posting as I’m lying in the hospital following hip replacement and repair of dysplasia 10 hours ago. Im having a lot of lower leg pain like shin splints which are all down the bone of my leg. Dr also lengthened this leg due to shorter leg about 3/4 “. Is...
Back
Top Bottom