Recent content by sfbionicat50

  1. sfbionicat50

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    @Gilly I haven't started Tyrant yet, but it sure looks good!
  2. sfbionicat50

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    Day 14. Yesterday, Day 13, was an uneventful day. I just rested and did some walking around the house. I was also able to get down on the ground and do some stretching, mostly for my back and shoulders, which are getting stiff from using the walker/crutches/cane. Today, I spent the morning...
  3. sfbionicat50

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    Ahhh. What good pooches! Bingo wants to jump over/on my operated leg every once in a while. It's not so comfortable, so I understand. Sounds like you're doing great @mrbionic Slow and steady though. You need to rest up for the next surgery!
  4. sfbionicat50

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    @mrbionic Glad to hear you're going home - and getting the second hip addressed. It must be bad if you needed three doses of morphine. I can't imagine the pain. My OS advises at least 12 weeks between surgeries to give the body a chance to recover. That said, I have a friend who needed a...
  5. sfbionicat50

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    @mrbionic I'm glad you'll have some help at home. I'm glad that your dogs are a comfort. Mine is too, even when he's begging for a treat the way he is right now. I guess he's just making sure I get up and walk every hour or so.:)
  6. sfbionicat50

    THR Day 1 here we go....

    @AZWildKat Just checking in. Are the kids giving you any time to rest?
  7. sfbionicat50

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    @Gilly How are you fairing? I'm going to check out Tyrant. I need something new to watch.
  8. sfbionicat50

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    @mrbionic That's great about no hip precautions. My doctor told me the same even though I have a posterior incision. Last year I had the precautions and I was so stiff at six weeks. I can really see how the lack of precautions is speeding the early days of my recovery. The log leg feeling...
  9. sfbionicat50

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    Day 12 -- Yesterday, Day 11, was an eventful day. In the p.m., DH and I went to DD's parent-teacher conference. It was the last day of conferences and I felt it was important for me to be there since this is DD's first year of middle school. Yet, it was a schlep across town. Plus, the school...
  10. sfbionicat50

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    @mrbionic Hi. How are you doing today? Is that pain in the non-operated side settling down?
  11. sfbionicat50

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    @mrbionic. So glad you made it through and are doing well. RTHR 10/20/14 LTHR 11/9/15
  12. sfbionicat50

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    Hi, @Gilly. I took off the giant bandaid. No stapes. It looks like glue and steristrips. A number of the steristrips in the middle came off with the bandage and the caked on dried blood. There was still some seeping blood in one small place (maybe the dried discharge over this place came off...
  13. sfbionicat50

    Today was an up down day

    @mrbionic. Sending you lots of good thoughts. RTHR 10/20/14 LTHR 11/9/15
  14. sfbionicat50

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    Day 10. Yesterday was day 9 and it was a good day. I followed the Bonesmart mantras, limited my walking to 5-10 minutes every hour or so (mostly, getting dressed, going to the bathroom, getting meals, and getting ice) didn't beat myself up for taking my pain medication every four hours instead...
  15. sfbionicat50

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    @Gilly. Yea! You made it. I'm so happy you're doing well at home. Happy for you too on the leg length. I think mine is perceived LLD as it seems to come and go. Huh. What are you watching on Netflix? RTHR 10/20/14 LTHR 11/9/15
Back
Top Bottom