Recent content by Sephia

  1. Sephia

    Travel 4wks post-op

    At 4 weeks I was laying in my recliner with my knee propped up with ice, and was still on narcotic pain meds. There would have been no way that I could handle a 6-hour car drive, and walking up and down steep hills. Oh sure, I probably could have, but I would have been miserable and would have...
  2. Sephia

    Just read some post replacement recovery items

    I sit behind a desk at work too and was gone for 12 weeks. I also came back part-time for a couple of weeks. I had great intentions of being able to ice and elevate it while at work, but in reality, I never had time.
  3. Sephia

    TKR 3 years - still have pain

    Okay, saw the PA today. The x-rays showed nothing wrong. Everything is structurally fine. She thinks it's a build-up of scar tissue, as I have limited ROM. She prescribed Methylprednisolone and PT for 6 weeks, twice a week. So hopefully this does the trick.
  4. Sephia

    TKR 3 years - still have pain

    Hi Jamie - how about changing the title to 3 years - still have pain Thank you.
  5. Sephia

    TKR 3 years - still have pain

    I tried to access my previous thread but it said "Not open for further replies." So I'm still having knee pain. I had my TKR in Sept. 2012, and can honestly say I've never really had a pain free day. In the beginning it wasn't too bad. But now - wow. My pain is inhibiting my ROM, so then it...
  6. Sephia

    Rehab at a rehab center?

    I live alone so I went to a rehab facility for a week after my surgery. For me it was the best thing I could have done. I checked out a few facilities before my surgery, and checked them out a couple of times at different days/times of the week, just to get a feel as to what it would be like...
  7. Sephia

    Bonesmart recommends 12 weeks before a return to work post- TKR?

    Hi @Braunzie - I see you're in Woodinville, and mention "meetings and traveling (by car or by shuttle) to other buildings." I'm going to make a wild guess that you work for the local aerospace company. So do I. I was out 12 weeks because I had the same challenges you described. I live in Des...
  8. Sephia

    partial: pros and cons

    If you're not comfortable with this surgeon and are having second thoughts, I would shop around for a surgeon you do feel comfortable with. I wouldn't rush into a surgery of this type, just to get it done, with a mediocre surgeon. I'd want the most experienced surgeon, even if I had to wait a...
  9. Sephia

    Surgeon recommendation..

    Check out Proliance Surgeons, specifically Dr. Susan Cero or Dr. William Barrett. They are located in Renton at Valley Medical Center, where the Joint Center is located. The Joint Center is one of the best joint replacement surgery centers on the west coast. I had my surgery there by Dr. Cero...
  10. Sephia

    TKR 2 New Knees and a Little Tweak

    Leg extensions - my surgeon and PT advised me to never, ever do them. According to them, leg extensions are a "shearing" motion, and aren't good for the joint. There are other exercises one can do that work the same muscles so doing leg extensions can be avoided.
  11. Sephia

    Weight lifting after BTKR????

    My surgeon and PT told me to never do leg extensions - the exercise where you sit on the seat with your feet under the padded bar, and then lift and extend your legs outward. Both said it causes a "shearing" motion and is harmful to the prosthetic.
  12. Sephia

    General Posting Question

    @jeano - I agree with you. There's one thread on the first page that is dated November 11, 2011. I have a hard time believing that after 3 years that there is anything useful in that thread besides socializing. There are many threads that are several months old, as well as over a year old...
  13. Sephia

    General Posting Question

    I'm curious as to how many new people actually reply in these posts that have thousands of views and pages and pages of replies. From what I can tell it's usually the same people. How about giving it a try and letting people post a question in a new thread? Or are the rules really that...
  14. Sephia

    General Posting Question

    I don't understand how changing the thread title will help. One still has to wade thru pages and pages of comments to find the last one, and then have to read backward to figure out what is being said. So if someone has a post with 10 pages of replies, and then has a question, they're supposed...
  15. Sephia

    General Posting Question

    @Jamie - I hear all this. I've read other posts with the same information that you provided. For me, it's just too much trouble to read all thru someone's life history to find an answer to something. If I do a search for something I can end up anywhere - like on page 15 of 30, for example, in...
Back
Top Bottom