Recent content by Seatides

  1. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    @hawk2go , I apologize for my lateness in replying to your very helpful response! I love that "motion is your lotion." It really is true that moving the knee regularly is much more helpful than immobility. Another lotion is simply the passage of time. I wrote the post to which you responded...
  2. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Hi @benne68! Yes, yesterday was 3 months (13 weeks on Monday). I think I'm doing well. I unexpectedly had a short bout with what I think was the flu about three weeks ago (low fever, headache/body aches, no appetite); COVID tests were negative. That did wipe me out for a few days, and then it...
  3. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Thank you, Jockette , kneeper , 2hips1knee , hawk2go , and @LZeno24601 ! I feel relieved to hear that it's very "normal" to have discomfort going downstairs for quite a while. It's been less than 10 weeks and I have to remind myself that I didn't return to work until after 12 weeks with my other...
  4. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Hello @LZeno24601 ! Very nice to meet you! It's funny how being on our own -- I mean, to be done with PT -- is what most of us want; but once we are, then we feel like it's all on us. Then we start to worry that our knees aren't progressing, are progressing too slowly, or are even regressing! So...
  5. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Getting That Guilty Feeling Again (Is It My "Fault"/Am I Doing Something Wrong?) Hi everyone! It's been 8 weeks and 3 days since my right TKR. I'm almost done with my third full week back at work. I work from home as a medical editor, so I sit at a computer all day. My knee feels great in terms...
  6. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Thank you for all these tips, @hawk2go ! I have been following them and I agree that the biggest challenge is the lingering lack of energy. I decided to go back full time; Monday I was ready to call it a day by 2, yesterday I felt OK all day, but today was very busy and I am SO TIRED. But I'm...
  7. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Thanks, I've been very lucky; things have gone a lot more smoothly than I expected. And you're right, @sistersinhim, the PT's been great. I explained to her and her assistant at the beginning that I had a bad experience last time (i.e., with my first TKR) with a PT who forced my knee and hurt...
  8. S

    TKR TKR on 8/8/22

    Hi @R2R ! I was browsing online looking for x-rays of knee replacement implants and found this one that's described as a "Zimmer Biomet NexGen." What do you think? Looks a lot like the one in your x-ray. Why don't you ask your surgeon next time you see him or her? It may also give the name in...
  9. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Thanks, @Samsrf! That's what I've been working on, accepting a more gradual, comfortable recovery, knowing that my knee and I will both feel better that way. But now (after 5 weeks and 3 days), I almost feel cranky when I go to physical therapy, not because it's painful, but because I know that...
  10. S

    TKR Surgery Done August 10th, 2022

    Oh, that must have hurt, @Bunnyhead! In a way I'd almost take that as a sign of how well you're progressing, that you weren't "even thinking" about the operated knee. But I know (at one month today) that I've overdone it when my knee felt good, then regretted it later when it became stiffer and...
  11. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    LOL! Thanks, @benne68! I want to say, "Time flies when you're having fun," but...
  12. S

    TKR LTKR nearly 6 weeks out- Questions and concerns about PT

    @Jamie, this is so interesting! So you're observing (in yourself too!) that as surgeons are switching over to a more multimodal (and more effective) pain management approach, they're beginning to see that painful, aggressive PT early on is counterproductive. So presumably the surgeons with whom...
  13. S

    TKR LTKR nearly 6 weeks out- Questions and concerns about PT

    This is information about one article I found recently on this topic. Below is the conclusion of the article, published in 2019 in the Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research journal of the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons, entitled "2018 John N. Insall Award: Recovery of Knee Flexion...
  14. S

    TKR LTKR nearly 6 weeks out- Questions and concerns about PT

    Hi @tweetybird! I'm a little late to this conversation, but as others have posted, I too get extremely upset when reading these monstrous PT horror stories. It happened to me with my first knee, and with my second knee, I'm trying to be patient with this PT Assistant who keeps repeating cliches...
  15. S

    TKR Seatides Right TKR Recovery

    Thank you, @kneeper !
Back
Top Bottom