Recent content by scruffydog

  1. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Thanks for all the information & input! @BeesKnees! - love your name! And, happy 2 week anniversary to us . I hope this second knee feels better soon !! I had a good 2 week appt, and a really good PT session. At the appt, which was first, I had about 85 flexion and full extension and was...
  2. S

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Hi Beachy ! Glad you found a good PT ! I like the structure (and the heat & ice) and find it helpful. Hope yours continues to be as good as they sound. And your knee photo looks great. I have just now started trying to sleep on my side. I can usually only stay there for about 10-15 minutes...
  3. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Thank you ! @Rockgirl4 I will remember that info in case I ever need to get the "good" knee done. I have been ok since the trip to the ER got everything hydrated and "in order." And thank you @Softtail & celle - I got the rx of tramadol, but I am afraid to take it after what happened with the...
  4. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Follow up. “Tolerable”is a fluid word. Question, please: What other pain relief options are there, other than opiates (oxycodone) and just alternating/overlapping Tylenol/Motrin? Some people tolerate pain differently than others. Half my well wishers who have had TKR say not to be a hero...
  5. S

    TKR Texasjeri’s RTKR recovery

    Glad you are doing so well ! And yes - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate !! Trust me on this. Keep up the good work of resting and recovery ! Ps how often do you do the home exercises? I am not going to do them to the point of pain, but some of the stretching feels good, and I figure movement is...
  6. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Trip to ER for IV fluids, check for clots, and an enema. Fun was had by all. Was there all day and night. No clots found, and other missions accomplished. No more oxycodone for me. Ever. Pain tolerable with ibuprofen & Tylenol and ice. I feel it, but would trade knee pain with how horrible I...
  7. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    I am a mess . I am taking senna something. And there is a powder to take and mix, but no one is Making it for me and I haven’t been on top of it. I need to get on top of it. I just called o/s office about shower, meds, constipation & nausea. They’ll call back. My help / ride to therapy just...
  8. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Thanks- I think the reason the pain has been controlled is because I was so good about the meds. But I feel so sick I could cry. (Ok, so sick I did cry !!)
  9. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Question: “take your pain meds on a schedule” It has been a week since my surgery. I think the healing is going pretty well. I have been able to lift the leg since day 1, am icing, elevating (once I fetch my banished Lounge Doctor) and have been pretty good about taking the pain killers. Here...
  10. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Thanks all. Just ate some prunes. Yum yum. My calf ( on the operated side is sore.) It has been since the day of surgery, and stretching it out always feels so good. I am taking my 2 baby aspirin per day, and still doing some ankle pumps and circles. Wondering if I should be worried about...
  11. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Thanks. I’m tuning most people out pretty well, but second guess myself every so often. Hubby is out of town till Friday, so I did not bother arguing about my doctor of Lounge. It’s amazing how less cement like my leg is after I have it elevated. I am dizzy and clammy and nauseous again. So...
  12. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Ice cold Gatorade sounds really good. I have another question: how much / often should I walk around? I am trying to get a lot of icing and elevating in, but some friends who are nurses tell me to keep moving, because it will increase circulation and healing. The walking - with a walker or...
  13. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Anyone feel weak & nauseous on their 4thday home ? Not sure if it is meds, not eating, not pooping, etc. Going to drink lots of water. And try to eat.
  14. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Ouchie. Stiff and sore today. Still on painkillers. Going to shower then meet my mom for lunch, then come home and nap. Hope everyone is doing well. I can see how this is going to get boring.
  15. S

    TKR Scruffy’s recovery journey

    Day 4 Slept thru most of night. Went to outpatient PT. Heat felt great. Did some nice ROM work, but not to pain. Then ice & elevation at end. Can lift leg easily, should not have purchased leg lifter thing. Not sure I needed potty thing either. Am keeping up with meds. And am having fun with...
Back
Top Bottom