Recent content by Sbow3111

  1. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    This week, it is one year since my total knee replacement, and I am still slightly swollen and quite often stiff. I am 64 years old, and not terribly active... but not sedentary either. There is slight pain when going up and down stairs. Does this sound normal to anyone?? Should I be concerned?
  2. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Thank you so much for all your responses! It's so comforting to me, and I really appreciate it!! ❤️❤️
  3. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    I'm doing very well going up and down stairs. I'm having discomfort at night since I moved from my recliner to the bed... but I know this is normal. I just thought that at five months I should be nearly "normal". Ha. I mostly just wondered if it's too late to gain better extension.
  4. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Is it possible to still gain extension at 5 months post op?
  5. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Thank you so much! Everyone on this forum always makes me feel better, and surely makes the journey easier! Happy Saturday to you, as well, and a very Merry Christmas!
  6. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Thank you! I'm going to try to let others help out more, and not feel I need to do it all myself.
  7. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    I don't feel like much has changed, but maybe all the holiday activities have taken more from me than I realize. Your comments make alot of sense to me. I do think I probably need to do more stretching. Thank you for your insight!!
  8. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Here's a crazy question: at almost four months post-op, I'm feeling stiff and less flexible than I was a few weeks ago. Is this normal? I know there are ups and downs in recovery, but I feel I was really on my way to being "normal" again... and now I feel like I've taken a step back.
  9. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    My question is regarding MUA: Is it ever really necessary?? Or is it always an option?
  10. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Thank you ALL! ❤️
  11. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Wonderful to hear! I need to quit reading all the posts on the US sites that really push the ROM ... and it seems like so many people are getting MUA's!
  12. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Thank you! ❤️
  13. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    At nine weeks, I'm still struggling with my bend. I'm wondering if the tightness that I feel when I tried to push for more is scar tissue? Or just normal? The thing is, I'm getting around just fine… walking, driving, stairs, doing everything around the house, I typically do. Is there a reason...
  14. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Ah, What a great way to put it!! :) :-) (:
  15. Sbow3111

    TKR One Year Post-op TKR

    Thanks for the encouraging note! It really helps... To tell the truth, I save lots of messages and quotes so that I can refer back to them when I really feel discouraged or nervous. ☺️
Back
Top Bottom