Recent content by sazzie

  1. S

    Knee Infection* My dilemma.

    Hello @Chrissyann I hope you are doing better than you were. I fear I may have an infection of the same type too. My symptoms mirror yours but my bloods have always been normal. Im 13 month post RTKR and have got an aspiration in 2 month. Im scared to say the least. How are you and best wishes,
  2. S

    TKR BoneSmart Works!

    that's good, it sounds like you have it under control :)
  3. S

    TKR Risk of infection after knee surgery

    I am going through the same at 3 months. Very sore inflammation . It is reducing very, very slowly. I continue to regularly use gel packs. I find KT tape used overnight helps. Last week I made a poultice of blended cabbage leaves held in place with a cotton dressing and tubigrip and that...
  4. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    well maybe not EVERY song lyric lol
  5. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    haha I do remember it well. I imagine our playground songs were similar even though that big Atlantic ocean separates us. Funny isn't it? I remember the words of every playground song of my childhood and every 70/80s song lyrics of my teens but I can go upstairs and have to go down again to...
  6. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    Its quite frustrating really. And actually, logically thinking, everything seems to be in a loop with my post op 3 month recovery. I have thigh and hip pain because I have a slight limp, I have a slight limp because I cant achieve a full extension during walking. I cant get full extension...
  7. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    thanks, i will explore both avenues
  8. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    Thank you, that gives me hope. I can get the swelling down when I elevate but it always pops back up. I will take your advice and think positive :loveshwr:
  9. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    Thanks guys, He's such a cutie. I hope to take a photo next time I see him. I am doing the long strides and make sure I walk heel to toe as I really want to get to 0 extension . Maybe if I never quite got to 0 would I might always have the thigh and hip ache after a long walk. I still have a bit...
  10. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    Thank you, I have, I held my neices 2 week old baby boy. he's gorgeous I am still trying to get to 0 extension, currently cant get past 5. Im doing the usual exercises to get there but it just springs back up. Hope I make it because my walk isnt fully perfect and I have a burning upper front...
  11. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    Thanks Jockette. I forget sometimes how big this surgery is !!!!! :shrug:
  12. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    yes thanks, sound advice, My quad on TKR leg always seems fired when it should be relaxed so I'm trying to work on relaxing that. It's difficult when pain and discomfort come from multiple places rather than one. I have to accept the stair climbing issue for now. Must be a slow recoverer Never...
  13. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    Hello again , The firm swelling is less troublesome now and I think its lessening slowly. However, I still cannot, at 3 months out, walk up/down stairs the usual way whereas I could before the TKR. I know the recovery is long but I thought I would be able to do 13 stairs at 3 months post op. Its...
  14. S

    TKR Almost one year out

    Hiya @Cabu, I am 3 months and I also have upper thigh bruised feeling. I can see it was a while ago. Did it resolve or do you still have it? Thank you
  15. S

    TKR firm pockets of swelling

    Thank you, some good tips there,
Back
Top Bottom