Recent content by sayle

  1. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Thanks for the support and advice people
  2. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    I work in uk It’s similar here a few dr do it based on age etc my surgeon preferred it due to age and fitness than a replacement due to they only last so many years. What do you mean what angle did correction turn out? Yeah being a nurse is tough I do loads on busy ward that I get home and...
  3. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Thank you for the advice and support means loads to have help and chat from others outside my circle
  4. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    well I had my operation last June 2018 and had some set backs in the recovery phase due to cramp and pulling muscles in leg and bone taking longer than planned to heal. So I seen the consultant in April 2019 and was happy with my recovery and discharged me. I was discharged from physio in...
  5. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    I do my girlfriend always reminds me of that and how much accomplished Thanks for the advice and help
  6. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Oh that’s good know As a nurse I feel I should be off the meds am doing better, but I get days when ache becomes so bad the pain takes over. My go said am doing great just takes time, think cos I struggled nearly 2 yrs before operation I want this discomfort and pain gone now but know it takes time
  7. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Thanks I was thinking that guess cos physio said if stop will go backwards so worried me a bit that need do more. Ya for reply
  8. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Hi sorry for the post am week 38 I went back work about 5 weeks ago on reduced hours but return to normal now. After the above post everything settled but I still have discomfort and aches in my shin (operation site) does anyone else still have these aches 8 months later am still taking...
  9. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    I had issue with ankle which resulted in me tearing muscles in calf as well but I had a few weeks rest and it got better and strong Good luck
  10. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Hey guys just a quick update as 14.5 weeks from operation.. The clicking and cracking has reduced just odd time especially if am sat up in car driving for a while or sat in seated position for long periods, am still on 2 crutches as per physio but have been trying using 1 when at home to prepare...
  11. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Quick question hope someone can help Am week 9 now following my high tibial osteotomy and a few times now when am going from bent knee/leg to straight, I am getting a loud click/crack like my knee moving back to place or something clicking into place. I had this issue pre-operation with severe...
  12. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Thanks sistersinhim, I'm good. Just was hoping to loose brace other week but hey ho it’s only 3 more weeks and I can feel it not quite right when limit little to much pressure through the leg. Main thing is my mobility is loads better than it has been and am even sleeping in my own bed and not...
  13. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Well update to post Week 8 I was hoping the brace may come off and I can start increasing mobility and reduce the use of crutches. But alas had X-ray when seen consultant and the bone has yet to heal so have to continue with brace for 3-4 weeks then can reduce the use of crutches over 3-4weeks...
  14. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Thank you Josephine the information is helpful I will try longer ice sessions as per your advice Sorry for the confusion about exercising - I was just after further information as you said I shouldn’t be doing any of the exercises at present as toO early.... I shall take on board this but keep...
  15. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

    Thank you for the information. I was advised by the consultant and also shows on NHS website not to ice for more than 20mins, you say 40-60mins is your advice. 1what is the benefit of a longer period? Also the physio I am doing at present is what I was advised in hospital by the physio team...
Back
Top Bottom