Recent content by Satsu

  1. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Jane, my flexion, before stretching things out again, is at about 60. I can do stairs, one foot at a time -- so no, stairs are not my friend. I cannot go all the way around on the stationary bike -- I can get to about 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock, rocking. On my little peddler at home, if I move...
  2. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Thanks, Deb. I appreciate you sharing with me.
  3. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Celle, you're two days behind me in your Left TKR. Where are you at with movement of that knee? I need a reference point. Anyone else who had TKR in September, want to chime in? Has anyone had the MUA, and, if so, can you tell me how it turned out?
  4. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Now, the surgeon, the PT, and my PC all say that I need MUA. They say I need to have it done right away, but once I tell them I'll do it, we have to wait for VA to approve it (and I've already said that VA is mess up). Maybe I didn't do enough to get things moving? My knee has felt very tight...
  5. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Paisleydoll, thank you. And, yes, I will use my voice to tell him to stop if he forces anything again. It's Saturday night, and my knee still hurts from the appointment on Tuesday. I'm already stressing myself out about my next appointment on Monday. Jamie, thank you for your assurances...
  6. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Sorry for my typos... "which IS why I'm so stressed out."
  7. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Thank you all for your responses. I've had very limited ROM in my knee since that PT appointment. The guy made me feel like I was a loser or doomed because I didn't have as much ROM as he thought I should. He was not nice or helpful at all. When I asked him for an emesis basin, he didn't...
  8. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    I need help, please. I went to my first PT appointment this past Tuesday. The therapist measured the flexion in my knee and said it was at 60 degrees and should be at least at 90. Then he told me that I only have a 3 month window to get my flexion back, or my leg will be stuck as it is...
  9. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Appaloosa Girl and Jane B., Thank you, ladies. I forgot about the heel slides. Just tried a few, and knee didn't bend so well, so better start up on these again. Jane, yes, I can get outside to walk with my walker, and I have gone several houses away and back a couple of times. Those UK...
  10. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Couldn't log in for a while... first follow-up with OS went well. X-rays look good. Staples out, and now have steri strips. He seemed happy with my progress, except that he thought I was a little behind on my flexion (just a few degrees). Got my rx from the VA and it was half the dosage the...
  11. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Well, my GP at VA had regular hydrocodone shipped FedX Saturday delivery to me. I still would have been out for a few days. Have my first follow-up with OS tomorrow. Hopefully all is well and I'll get my staples out. Going to try camping out on the couch tomorrow (recliner). See how that...
  12. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    I've tried Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens, Albertsons and Safeway. All are over $100 for the refill. I know you have to have a written prescription for refills, and I do have one. I just can't get it filled because of the price. The last time, my son paid for it out of his pocket, and it doesn't...
  13. Satsu

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Slept with only moderate pain last night. Post-op depression has definitely hit. Did some minor stretches today. Question -- does anyone know the cheapest drug store to refill by Oxycontin? Medicare is saying they won't pay for any of it, and I have a call into VA. They want over $100 for...
  14. Satsu

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    You're my hero! This is awesome for you! Congratulations!
  15. Satsu

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    Thank you so much for the info. Will try it!
Back
Top Bottom