6 days and counting for me......July 3rd LTKR. I'm trying not to spend every minute of every day thinking about the surgery. It's hard. Question about anesthesia - I understand, strictly from what I've read online, that getting a spinal is better for pain afterwards. Are you completely...
Hi all. This topic is a very prickly one for me. I'm still working full time and have my first TKR scheduled for 7/3. I'm in so much pain that I sure DID ask my Dr. for narcotic pain killers. I've been taking Percocet for about 6 weeks now and it's the ONLY way I can get through my days. By...
I was originally scheduled for 6/12 surgery but cancelled because I thought I really didn't need it (aka chickening out). The pain worsened and now I have to use a cane to walk. I wish I NEVER cancelled the 1st one. Now I'm back on the schedule for 7/3/18 which can't come soon enough.
@JamesN...
Thanks to all for sharing your stories. I couldn't make it through the night without going to the bathroom which is on the 1st floor so I think it's wise to plan on sleeping downstairs.
@Celle - I appreciate your managing my post and for including some great resources. I need them.
Did any...
Lexilou - I'm with you on being frightened. I'm trying to keep a positive mindset. One thing that I'm really having a hard time with is "do I absolutely need this surgery"?. My PT is inclined to encourage me to not have the surgery. He says that by working on strengthening the surrounding...
Hello all,
I just found this great site today. I'm scheduled for LTKR June 12th. I'm looking for advice about sleeping arrangements. I have been told that if your bedroom is on the 2nd floor of your home, you should plan on sleeping on the 1st floor for a few weeks until you can master the...
Hello,
I'm having TNR on my left knee June 12th. I need both done. I've never had any major surgery of any kind and needless to say, I'm terrified. I feel like I'm too young for this and am scared that it will speed up the aging process of my body (no factual basis to go on just my own...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.